1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

X&Y

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Apeman, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I received the new Coldplay album X&Y this last friday and it's the best CD I've ever bought. I rate it far higher than U2's last album which I also really enjoyed. If you like coldplay get this album you won't regret it.

2. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have their first two albums, "Parachutes" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head", and I simply love them. The new album hits the streets tomorrow and I'm going to celebrate a, hopefully, succesful exam with "X&Y" - and a few beers :D

EDIT: Forgot about the beer-smiley :beer:

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Its much better than anything U2 have put out in the last 10 years. I was not found of Coldplays 'Parachutes' though.

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I must be one of the few people who can't stand Coldplay - probably because Chris Martin is a prick :p

5. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You are not alone, KC
    Both Coldplay and U2 are just too pansy for my taste. :evil:

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

*sigh*

Go listen to some deathmetal gothic whatever garbage you listen to then and stop posting in this thread.

7. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I get it now - this is the praise thread. :doh:

Anyway, the attempt for harshness in your reply compels me to remain here for a while and chat a bit on the topic....
    ...but on second thought it might not be as fun as I initialy thought
    *moves out of the thread*

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Not to gang up on Apeman but...

I cannot stand Chris's voice, its far too whiney, not as bad as that Irish group J112 or whatever they call themselves. The singer of that band is a major pansy :D

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't intend to get the album, I am not really into Coldplay. I am sure the album will appear in the household at some point but it won't be mine.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I don't mind one of my favourite band being critisized but just saying that the main singer is a prick is just plain childish.

I can understand if you say his voice is whinish, I happen to like it and so do many others (maybe not here). But for me the music, not so much the lyrics and vocals, is the best part of coldplay.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Apeman - Chris Martin has always come across as extremely cocky to me (he claims Coldplay are the greatest band in the world), and like several others have said, his voice is pretty whiney.

TBH, it isn't my kind of music, IMO, the guitar is pathetic and boring and the singing is just annoying. Having said that though, a lot of people might not enjoy the kind of music I listen to, but really like Coldplay :p

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Brilliant album. I love Coldplay. Quite surprised to see how internationally famous they are though!

13. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

They are ok. Good dreamy atmospheric songs. As far as pop music goes, this is one of the better acts out there.

14. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I almost agree with you, Apeman. Coldplay really grows on you after a while. But I like U2 better, especially their older stuff. But I still thought that HtDaAB is every bit as good as X&Y. But both are great, IMO. But Martin does come across as way too cocky, and he reminds me a bit of those two guys in Oasis, which is still a pretty good band anyway - despite being fronted by the "whiny brothers."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.