1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

X Men 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Newfie, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Newfie Banned

I give you all the latest info I have heard on the web that I have been following for a while. All the major stars are coming back including Marsden as a small role as Cyclops. Beast, Gambit and Angel are in. Dark Phoenix and the Sentinels with Bolivar Trask are the major focus of the story. I love this: Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut! Remember the bad ass, tall, ex-football monster in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch and Eurotrip? Great casting!

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Do you have any links to back up the claims? Not that I don't trust you or anything, but somethimes internet gossip gets a little ... stretched. :D

3. Newfie Banned

4. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Its going to be great. I thought the first X-men was crap, but I loved the second, hopefully this trend will be continued.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

angel with his useless white bird wings or his apocalypse-given badass steel wings? there should be more wolverine-cyclops tension

6. Newfie Banned

I think the Wolverine-Cyclops tension has been played out. Besides Marsden could only sign up for a small part because of his Superman contract from what I heard.

Angel could be cool with his playboy millionaire sidestory and Beast and Gambit story is going to rock. I hope they get into Juggernaut's story as well with him finding his ruby and his bands with Xavier.

I am not big on Dark Phoenix and the Sentinels but I guess it had to be done.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    's got Alan Cumming and Sir Ian McKellen (*crosses fingers and hopes real hard*) So I will,of course, see it.

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anything about Colossus? I think it'd be a real shame if he were't in the next one (since, let's face it, this may be the last X-men movie). Also - does anyone know if Sabertooth will be returning? Considering his history and involvement in the comics, I can't imagine that that "falling of the Statue of Liberty into a boat" thing was his swan song.

Also - another thing - was it ever explained why Storm all of a sudden up and lost her Egyptian accent for X2?

Another thing...is the goofy guy from Buffy - who briefly appeared as Dr. Hank McCoy in X2 - going to be playing Beast in X3?

Another thing (I have several! :D ) I take it Torch will be a new buddy of Magneto this time around?

9. Newfie Banned

Steve Bacic will not be returning as Hank McCoy. I heard that on a couple of sites. Colussus will be there as well. I also heard either Toad or Sabretooth will be back.

10. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I really really hope they will give us the story from the Hellfire Club, one of the best x-men ever written ;)

11. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

The Hellfire Club was, indeed, great (if it's what I'm remembering, and I think it is, given the context) but I don't think it'd work too well on the big screen.
    However, this is coming from knowledge gained only from the cartoon series, as I never did read the comics.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yeah, iirc that scene when all the other x-men were incapacitated and Shaw slammed Wolverine through the floors all the way into the sewer in the hellfire club confrontation which subsequently showed a grimy, bleeding wolverine saying "okay suckers, you've taken your best shot. now it's MY turn" won an award in Wizard magazine a few years ago.

wow... what a run-on sentence :D

we're talkin the REAL hellfire club anyway right? Sebastian Shaw and co. not Shinobi Shaw and his pathetic attempt to gather a group of his own.

13. Lynadin Gems: 11/31

Yes. Uncanny x-men issue #129 to #136.

That's in the middle of the Dark Phoenix saga. IMO #133 is the best issue of uncanny x-men. So personally that's what i want to see :D

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

What I always found so cool about the X-men were Gambit and Wolverine's shady pasts. I stuck around long enough to discover Gambit's "dark secret" and it wasn't too bad. Thank God I didn't stick around long enough to hear Wolverine's. I read about it, of all places, in a minor newspaper column that gave his "orgin". Jeez. Horrible. They should've kept it a mystery. Wolverine is SO uncool now.

15. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It wasn't Wolvie's past that intrigued me, but his future. I remember seeing an ad in the back of one of my old comics. I can';t remember what it was actually for, but it featured wolverine in samurai armor walking across a glacier. In the background, the ruins of the Golden Gate Bridge jutted up through the ice.

It was cool. Man, I wish I could remember what it was for. Anyway, that unknown future of who knows how long in the future always stuck with me.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, well I was always more interested in wolvie's past as a spy, samurai, ninja, assassin, etc. He's done it all :D

I wasn't really into "future" stuff after that "Days of the Future Past" series where they introduced Bishop.

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I just want to know when they're going to get to the Brood Wars!!!

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

brood wars... sounds familiar...

are those the buglike aliens? :confused:

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes the Brood were the alien parasites that bore a striking resemblance to the critters from the Aliens films.

Oh and in the comic books Bishop had absolutely nothing to do with Days of the Fututre Past - I think that story was printed over 10 years and almost 150 comics before Bishop made his first appearance.

20. Lynadin Gems: 11/31

Just read in the news, they will try to make this a Rated-R :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.