1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Write a Story - Win NWN Beta

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Taluntain, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. *SIGH* Do you think they'll fall for me being an 18 year old? If only I was older...
    I think I'm gonna write a story about the main characters anyways. :)

3. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] You have to be 18 years old or more?! That's nice...puh...of course, I see...us "teens" have such low attention spans we can't stay focused on a single topic or even finish a sente...Anyone see the hockey game the other da...

4. zaknafein Guest

My bet is that if that there are no people under 18 allowed that you will have approximetly 0 entries, which in this case it will be easy to decide who wins huh:rolleyes:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey, don't snap at me, I'm not the one who decided you must be 18 or older. It's Infogrames' beta testing policy. While it severely reduces the amount of stories that are coming in, I have no fear that I'll be able to select two good ones nonethless.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 18, 2002).]

6. C'Jakob Guest

Is there anyone, or any website, that can elaborate on the two protagonists that the contest wants people to write about?

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Can't you write the story and let your parents for example submit it? Then they can win the cd... and you can play with it :)

8. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You have to be 18 to do Beta testing. Besides- it isn't always fun either, the same game over and over again looking for little flaws- kinda tedious :( not cool.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Marnie, I don't think parents would provide feedback on beta bugs.
    So this is not very advisable unless you can make them do it too! ;)

10. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] C'Jakob, you don't need to know anything else. Note that you need to write a *fantasy* story. It doesn't have to hold true to anything else but that piece of text and the images that you're provided with.

As far as I'm concerned, you can put Aribeth on a space station. There's no limit to what you can do. ;)

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] Ex, why not just just play the beta and submit the bugs using your parent's mailaddress? When you have the beta, no one can verify if you or your parents report bugs :)

I just know Shadow_Goddess is a good writer and it's a pity when she gets no chance to prove that:)

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited May 22, 2002).]

12. C'Jakob Guest

So what you're saying, Taluntain, is that in anyone's story, Neverwinter can be in the middle of a jungle, laser guns have been developed, and that the sky is green. But Aribeth has to be a paladin and that Aarin needs to have dark skin.

[This message has been edited by C'Jakob (edited May 23, 2002).]

13. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Heh...oh, the possibilities...if only i was 18.

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited May 23, 2002).]

14. Taluntain

Media:
    C'Jakob, if that's your story, sure, why not.

15. ArchAngel Guest

C'Jakob. You could even have freaking Sharks to go with those laser guns. Attach them to their heads and wish that they are ill-tempered...

16. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

ArchNoble: I'm sorry sir, we could only get Seabass. :D

17. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, the contest's over. If you missed it, your loss. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.