1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wouldn't movie X be much better/funnier if X happened?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Apeman, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Yesterday I was watching Armaggedon for the 10th time and I thought to myself, and usually with movies who I've seen too many times, wouldn't it be much better/funnier if this would have happened.

In this case when the shuttle takes off leaving Bruce behind I saw those thrusters turn blue and I thought to myself: what if Bruce was a bit too close to the shuttle and got burned to ash, that would have been surprising.

Tell me yours....

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If, while drawing an explosive-tipped arrow from the quiver and putting it in his bow, Rambo fumbled it and blew his own leg off.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If, in "Muriel's Wedding", Muriel had exploded right after the opening credits - that would have been funny AND I wouldn't have been stuck watching the rest of that deadbeat movie.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

If Jarjar Binks was the first gungan to get shot in the battle vs. the trade federation.

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm a big fan of Steven Seagal movies. You know, where some bigarse boss comes in, makes a few threats, and before he knows it he has his hand stuck up his own bottom and his head turned around 720 degrees while flying towards the meatgrinder waiting on the other side of the room. No fancy punching and kicking, no big drama. Just some kickass professional combat moves and snap, the thing is over before it even started.

That's what I want to see. Take any movie, where there's a bad guy who acts like the local moron from beginning to end. Put Steven Seagal in there (not the current version, but the old, slim & trained one) just in the beginning of the movie, and wait. After 2 minutes, the bad guy would be mush, and the movie would be over.

Sometimes I also think how my f/m/t BG2 character would just jump in through a dimension rift, and all hell would break loose.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Wouldn't Starwars 2 be a lot better if they actually had some good dialogs? (Or better acting?)

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    In Once Upon A Time In Mexico, El shopuld have come across Sands in the end. I would have loved to see what would have ensued.

And the dog should have gone to El, too. :p

And in Pirates of the Caribeean, Norringtton should have PUSHED Jack off the fort.... :p

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If for some mechanical failure (a virus in his chip), the Terminator (in T2) kill John Connor in some point where John don't expected; would the T2000 thank Arnie?

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

if in Troy, right after oddyseus tells hector: "it was his cousin...", referring to Achilles' cousin Patroclus whom Hector just killed, hector replies: "Sh*t." hehe. I mean, he DID have that "I'm screwed" look on his face...

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

If at the end of Behind Enemy Lines, Owen Wilson had stood up as the soldiers weere coming to kill him and using nothing but his 9mm, killed each and every one of them with one shot each while not getting even a scratch.

And what the hell was with his nose in that movie anyway? Bad make-up all around I guess.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe. if you lived in the Philippines, this wouldn't be very funny. Have you guys ever heard of Actor/Presidential runner-up in our recent election Fernando Poe jr.? This was his formula every movie. kill all the henchmen with 1 handgun (unlimited bullets?) and somehow lose the weapon before the final boss and kill him hand to hand while injured. hehe.

12. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@Aldazar: Is not his nose just how you see it? In each movie I see him, his nose is just like... err... that.

By the way, why all "bad guys" say what they are going to do next, and instead of kill the "good guy" right there, always leave a "dumb hencham" who always got killed by the good guy in his "narrow escape"? So, wouldn't be better/funny if the good guy don't make it to the end? I'm a Steven Seagal fan too, but the "young one", there's a movie that I just watched just because Steven was in, Kurt Russel was there too, but, Stevie got killed just 10 minutes after the movie started!

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

@sydax

I remember that movie, pretty good. But imagine if Russel would have died instead of Seagal, we would have had some serious bone breaking action :cool:

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh I remember that movie too. Here it was actually sold with "Steven Seagal and Kurt Russel in the same movie, action has never been so good!" printed all over the reviews. To see him die like 5-10 minutes after the beginning of the movie. Talk about lying commercials.

The thought of the good guy dying in the very beginning like a normal person would is fairly common. Not a bad one either. Just that there really isn't much cause for the movie after that. Besides, I'm a huge anime / fantasy fan. I love stories with heroes who overcome any challenge with sheer strength of will alone.

My roommate's father's uncle was a warhero. I don't remember where the heck it was but he managed to save his own superior officer from some 100 miles inside enemy area by himself, by accident of course but still. With blooded feet dragging him back to his camp. Numerous honorary medallions etc. Anyway, this hero died in a most heroistic manner. Stumbled on the stairs on his way home and broke his neck falling down. So much for a dramatic end to a story eh? Reminds me of good old PnP Cyberpunk, back when the GM's actually wanted us to roll d20 when we went to bathroom, to see if we got 1, stumbled and died.

Anyway, some movie features are good as they are, IMO. ;)

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

the name of the movie was Executive Decision

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Back to the topic... (though the stuff ^^^ was pretty good and I think that movie was Executive Decision )

Wouldn't it be funny if, in Beauty & the Beast (Disney), Belle looked at the transformed prince ... huffed ... and said, "I prefered the Beast over this girly-man!" (That's what my wife says)

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'd quite like to see Stevie get his ass kicked in any of his movies (Executive Decision is cool to see him die, but it's too quick!), some day he's gonna get whuped! ;)

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

The closest he's ever come to that is his movie with DMX. Critical Wounds was it? The title escapes me at the moment. As DMX was also a celeb they couldn't very well show him getting his ass kicked hehe, so it ended up a draw between segal's aiki-do and DMX's skillz from the ghe-tto ;) He got hit by a shot gun pointblank once though. (Yes, he survived ;) )

19. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

That was Exit wounds, and wasn't it Critical Decision with kurt Russel?

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Ah, my bad, exit wounds, thanks :) Nope, it was Executive Decision I'm quite sure :) what a crappy way to die, 10 minutes into the movie while attempting to BOARD the damn plane :/ Wesley Snipes from Passenger 57 would have shown him a thing or 2 ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.