1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst films you have ever seen

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    In no particular order as all are pretty much just as worse as the rest...

Braveheart
    The Patriot
    War of the Worlds
    Passion of the Christ
    Dungeons and Dragons

As you can see, Mel Gibson won't be on my Christmas Card list :) .

What are the worst films you guys have ever seen.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In order, from worst to 5th worst, my official 5 worst movies I have ever seen:

1. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (also worst ever sequel)
    2. Blast from the Past (Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone pukefest)
    3. Eye of the Beholder (Ewan McGregor and Ashley Judd in confuso-rama)
    4. The Winslow Boy (yawn, wake me up when it's over)
    5. Bicentennial Man (An all time low for Robin Williams)

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The absolute dogfest for me is Daredevil. George Lucas could've written a better script!

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    For me I never stayed to watch the entire film.

1) Madness of king George
    2) U-571
    3) Tomb Raider
    4) Van Helsing
    5) Eight legged freaks

5. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

1) Hamlet (modern version)

2) Romeo and Juliet (also modern version)

These two rate as my most hated movies of all time because, to me, you cannot try and modernize something that is meant to be set in the medieval era and R+J has Leonardo in it which really s**ts me.

3) Carrie

4) Resident Evil: Apocalypse (when your laugh the entire way through a serious horror movie, the script writers havent done their jobs)

5) Sahara (one of the greatest books I have ever read but the movie was one of the biggest let downs I have ever had to suffer)

Edit: How could I have forgotten "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"?! It takes the cake with no competition.

[ July 29, 2006, 14:33: Message edited by: TrueBlueAussie ]

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

1) Freedom Deep: There's every chance that you haven't heard of this one. It seems to be an Australian indie movie which I bought cheaply because the blurb made it sound like it would at least be silly enough to be entertaining. This movie has no plot - literally, there isn't one unless you use the one on the blurb - you have to make up your own (it was fun in that way). There's pretty much no dialogue, clearly no budget, no rating (despite scenes of rape-at-knifepoint)...

Everything else pales in comparision to Freedom Deep ... though I haven't watched Plan 9 From Outer Space yet...

7. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"Kevin & Perry" leaves all the other bad movies behind. I left the cinema after 20 minutes.

Others:
    Pearl Harbor: Wow! Inable actors (Affleck, Beckingsale), a mess of a story, stupid dialogues and an action sequence that is too long. Bay's worst movie. And that means a lot.

Armageddon: Another Bay. Slightly better than Pearl Harbor, but suffering from the same errors. The actors are better, though.

The first D&D movie: Unintentional hilarious. ;D

Spaceballs: Two good jokes. That's all. The rest is dumb.

The Shaft Remake: I missed the charme of the original(s). Jacksons Shaft is just a thug.

Vercingetorix: I almost cried when I watched it. Two great actors (Max von Sydow and Klaus Maria Brandauer) in a movie with Christopher Lambert (sic) which apperantly took the inspiration for the props from Asterix comics.

Sin City: Great visuals. But that's all. The only story that's marginally interesting is the last one, but the others are terribly boring.

[ July 30, 2006, 13:43: Message edited by: Fabius Maximus ]

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Lady in the Water: Exciting, thought provoking fantasy?! Haha, no way in hell. More like a random comedy with attempted horror filler.

Paparrazzi: Bleh, biggest waste of time ever. Not a good story, not good acting, and not a good story.

And kuemper, whats this about George Lucas not writing good scripts?!

9. Takara

Media:
    :doh: I should also have included Johnny Mnemonic. I bought it thinking all the bad press was a bit too much, it couldn't be THAT bad... well, it WAS.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only movies listed that I agree needs to be on any 'worst' list is Attack of the Killer Tomatos and Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Clearly no one as seen any Ed Wood movies such as 'Glen or Glenda' or 'Plan 9 from Outer Space.' Once you seen anything by Ed Wood, even Gigli and Glitter are works of art.

11. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Although I haven't yet seen it, 'Plan 9 from outer space' is supposed to be the worst movie of all times. With some really bad films, you can watch them and really laugh your butt off, but my brother told me that you don't laugh with 'Plan 9', you're actually sad that somebody made that thing.

But I can think of a few...

1) Street fighter : I'm surprised nobody mentionned that horrible movie. It even stars J-C Van Dame, one of the worst action film actors.

2)Vampirella : This comic adaptation really, really blows. It's horrible in all senses of the word.

3) Krull : This sort of King Arthur / Star wars tale has lame acting, ugly special effects, the worst cyclops make up you will ever see, and a 'what the hell am I doing in this movie' Liam Neeson.

I could go on forever, but that's the one that stuck with me... :)

I reeeeeeeally don't agree. It is set in the medieval times because it was written around that period. I think it's a mistake to keep the stories in the time frame they were created. Romeo and Juliette, for exemple, is not about two clans figthing for power in england (and it's not really about love either), it's a bout hate, how powerful it is, its transendence, how it passes from generation to generation. I think the essense of Shakespear's plays are what's important, not the context.

And I'm so totally :yot: , but I wanted to say it.... :good:

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

BLASPHEMY :pope:

I can't think of any right now though I've seen many a crapfest. will get back to this later though.

13. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Battlefield earth: Primitives learn to fly fighter jets in a week :bang: .

All the Rambo and the similar Chuck Norris' movies: These movies introduced new military tactics, a guy armed with a machine gun can wipe out and entire armies.

Troy: I have expressed my views about it in the relevant thread and I'm too bored to write them again.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

House of The Dead II.

Woman in horror movies are usually dumb, but the ones in that movie take the trophy of the dumbest ever.

Like the part when a guy is seasick and pukes on a woman's shirt (of course she wears NO bra), so she gets inside to clean it, and a guy passes behind her, SHE turns around, and calls him a pervert. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: If you didn't wanted the guy to see your boobs, just don't turn around and keep cleaning your damn shirt, FFS!

Or the other part - a guy and a gal are in a tent in the forest, and they're about to get some action, but he needs to take a piss first. So, he goes outsite to take a piss, while the chick remains in the tent. Then, you can see like 25 zombie hands everywhere outside the tent, and the only thing the idiot finds to say is "H... honey, is that you? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

15. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

BOC: First Blood is actually an relativly ambitious post vietnam drama. All the other Rambo movies suck, though.

And I liked Krull. Considering the time it was made, it's quite a good fantasy film.

16. Takara

Media:
    I think I have to second you here Fabius, I too immensely enjoyed Krull.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, Krull ruled. Krull it up!

Power is fleeting, love is eternal!

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Battlefield Earth was terrible...Great book, bad movie. Did John Travolta even read it...I mean the whole movie was awlful!!!

Wing Commander. Except for the stop motion 360 scene that every has ripped off, it is terrible!

Jersey Girl - The only Kevin Smith movie I don't like...BTW - I saw Clerks II today...AWESOME!

19. Harbourboy

Ooh, yeah, Battlefield Earth is my 8th worst film of all time. What a steaming pile of garbage that was.

20. Takara

Media:
    Oh God, I saw Wing Commander, and yes, it was indeed terrible! Even David Warner couldn't save it!

Having Wing Commander in there opened up the black pit of despair of awful movies I tried to forget. I really enjoyed the manga version of Fist of the north star. But I unfortunately watched the action version too! IT WAS TERRIBLE! Chris Penn and Malcolm McDowell couldn't even rescue it!

[ July 31, 2006, 10:14: Message edited by: Takara ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.