1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst album you bought recently

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Misantrophe, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] well mine is not very recent but St. Anger is a huge dissappointment

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Steve Vai's Reflections, what a load of complete ****. I was so looking forward to it and it was just so bad. I used to think he was amazing but I had to eBay my entire Vai collection after listening to the new album.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    St Anger was bad...but I bought it when it came out.

The worst album I've bought recently was 'Carencro' by Marc Broussard.

4. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I haven't bought it ('cause I'm clever, ha!), but Priest's Angel Of Retribution sucks big time. You're old men, punks, face it and die an honorable death. Don't bother to ever release an album again.

On Metallica's St. Anger: you've got no idea, gents! This album is an instant classic. In ten years time we will consider this album as influential and groundbreaking. No one will ever remember the mediocre Load/Reload.

Just for the records.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The last bad Album I bought was Iowa I saw the shiny booklet and bought it, then I realized that I hated Slipknot... Stupid impuls it was... Wel at least there is one cool sampel on it :S

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Huh. I actually liked St. Anger. 'Course, I thought some of the stuff from Reload and Load was pretty good, too--King Nothing, 2x4, Unforgiven II.

Though I'd certainly admit they weren't in the same league as ...And Justice For All, the Black Album, and so on.

Worst album recently...gotta be, erm...

huh. I haven't had a bad album recently. 'Course, I've only picked up fifteen CDs in the past 2 years, so that might be why ;)

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hmmm I have a tendency to listen to the whole album first and then I do a 50% rating thing where unless I like at least half of the songs, I won't buy the album. But the worst one I have bought recently... probably Insomnium's debut album. It's a good album, but taking into account the quality of the other CDs I've bought recently, this one is my least favourite.

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Up All Night by Razorlight. I ended up giving it to my sister because I couldn't stand the thing.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

heheheh I learnt my lesson after Load and Reload. I think the last bad album that I got was one by Crematory. On a 13 song album only 2 are worth listening to. One day they are doing to do an excellent compilation album...

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Reload wasn't bad at all... Fuel is a live classic, and Low Man's Lyric is one of my personal favourites; though I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea. I agree about St. Anger; only Frantic was any cop off that album, IMHO. Load I can't comment on, 'cos I've not got it.

Hmm... Must try to make a post that doesn't mention tea...

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Yes some songs were good even on those 'crap' metallica albums. Maybe if they were done by some new band they might be considered great, but by Metallica's standards...

As for tea, why not make a tea thread and then you can get if 'out of your system' so to speak!

12. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

@ Cesard
    i dont know how old you are but reading that people like St Anger, i feel like i'm getting old. i hated load, reload was worse. one of my friends refer to Load as crap and like it wasnt enough they re-crapped but St Anger??? . i still have fate in metallica. didnt they write Four Horseman? they will remember they used to play decent solos.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I woulöd have to say it was this CD ogff Disneyfied Latinpop songs that I bought a few months back... it made me cringe and hit myhead on the nearest wall. Repeatedly. Can't believe I wastes an euro on it...

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

A 4 disc set of Disney Children Classic songs. It's rubbish. It's all songs like "This Old Man" and "Pop Goes the Weasel" but sung in a crazy southern USA country accent and sometimes with the wrong words. And nothing at all to do with Disney. What a swizz. :mad:

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Misanthrope, I am 24 but I only got into Metallica from the age of 16 and luckily my first album was 'Ride the Lightening! Their first 3 albums were classics and its hard to believe that the same band wrote 'The Four Horsemen' and 'St Anger'. Maybe the real metallica were kidnapped and replaced by some countryrock musicians attempting to play nu-metal!

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well - I didn't buy this, my sister did, but Fuel's album Natural Selection is just so ... so ... unspectacular. Totally absolutely mediocre - and they were doing so well before that :(

17. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

well megadeth dissappointed me too. "The System Has Failed" and so did Mustaine. if i didnt have the archiving mentality i would throw it away (i still keep my Risk too)

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Still the new Megadeth is many times better than the new Metallica.

19. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

no doubt about that. Megadeth released a very good album after Risk, so why not after this one too... i'm hopeful

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I quite like Risk, but its not as good as their earlier albums.

I once read that the guitarist for 'Loudness' was going to be the new lead guitar player, but it turned out to be just a rumour... I was very disappointed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.