1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worshipping online

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aikanaro, May 22, 2004.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

There's no such thing as bad publicity, eh?

Ah well. I'll just sit outside on the virtual wall, smoke a virtual cigarette, and listen to the faint mumble-mumble sounds of the virtual congregation going through the motions.

Just like real life then.

It is perfectly natural for the video game generation to automatically rush the altar. In Heretic the instinct to do so must be honed into an skillful survival trait or else you will die. Often. What did the designers expect? ;)

I do not doubt that Satan's Online Worship Site is just around the (virtual) corner. The queue to get into it will probably be even longer, but the music will certainly be better, so maybe...

[ May 22, 2004, 08:58: Message edited by: Bluin ]

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Woohoo! I think I'll go get a virtual head-shave and sell some virtual flowers at be-a-moonie.com. I'm sure they would accept monitary donations as well.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Online worship groups will accept donations in the very first place :rolleyes:

5. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

@Bluin

I won't post a link, because if you go to it, you help support them, but "Satan worship on line" has been around for a while.

I wonder if the virtual Priests practice virtual celibacy.

I wonder if the sins you commit while on-line, can be confessed at the virtual Church.

I wonder if there will be a virtual "second coming", when all of our computers attain a glorified state (3.4 gHz).

I wonder where the bottom of this bottle of scotch is. ;)

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] They gotta be kidding...... :rolleyes:

7. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@Bluin: (from Heretic link)
    Gameplay has come far in these past years... :rolleyes: (sheds a tear for lost times)

Virtual church!? Well, just another way for the lazy americans to be lazier(sp?)...
    But hey, it's not like it's bad for religion.... :p Or is it?

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Hack: Care to PM me the link?

I can see why they complain though. There is no way to persecute and burn people alive in the virtual world.

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Does anyone know how to speak in that thing?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.