1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World's Best Hockeyplayers

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Register, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This is to reflect the "World's best Footbaleer thread, but with IceHockey instead. I'll just write the first score so far because of the large teams Ice-Hockey have.

Goalie:
    Stefan Liv - A swede that is the best player in the world, no contestants.

Defence:
    Dang, there is so many good so I will add them later after some research.(Read sleeping)

Attack:
    Right:
    Markus Näslund - The best sport export Sweden have had, ever, and also the best player in the world at his position. Not much of a scorer compared to the others but still a blast.

Center:
    Steve Icerman(sp?) - Really shows that he is one of the best this year, and a great scorer that this lineup need.

Left:
    Keith Tkachuk - He have lost quite a lot since he went from Phoenix, but he is still the best at his position. Great team-player and quite a scorer as well.

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I assume your talking about Steve Yzerman from Detroit, right? Well either way, I'd have to say that Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr are, or were the best players ever.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    C - Wayne Gretzky
    LW - Bobby Hull
    RW - Gordie Howe
    D - Bobby Orr
    D - Ray Bourque
    G - Patrick Roy

Although Bourque/Orr might be too much offense on defense. Orr stays, of course, but replace Bourque with who? Some would say Doug Harvey, but I can't really comment on him since I never saw him play (he was before my time). And Tretiak (sp?) would be a good replacement for goalie.

Edit - of course, if you're talking about current players, I don't know, because hockey these days is pretty boring.

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

@Splunge

Now comes the "Back in my day ...." rant, right?

But I agree, not many of the newer players can hold a candle to your list.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Gordie Howe deserves his place there, if for no other reason than his important role in Bart Simpson's pretend-wooing of his teacher Mrs Krabappel in 'Bart the Lover'.

"Strap on your skates, Gordie; you're going in!"

On topic, I don't know any current ice hockey players . . . .

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Oops, should've said that I meant the current players, of course.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, there's Todd Bertuzzi :rolleyes:

@ Jag:
    :D :D :D

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

History wise
    G: Patrick Ray
    D: Bobby Orr
    D: Ray Bourque
    W: Mike Bossy
    C: Gretzky or Lemieux, take your pick, it's subjuective really
    W: Gordie Howe

Currant
    G: Martin Brodeur, there is no goalie in the world that is better at the moment. He's won 30 games 10 years in a row, and won 40 games 6 or 7 years in a row. He's the only goaly who has a shot at the shutout record and at Roys records.

D: Al McInnis, constantly one of the best defensmen, except for the fact that he's injured right now. Hardest shot in the league.

D: Scott Stevens, the best defensive defensmen, never really scoring, but he still plays in all star games. Hits like a bulldozer.

RW: Markus Naslund. He's been the highest scoring play in the last 4 years. Nothing spectacular just fundementally sound.

C: Peter Forsburg, probablly the best player in the NHL today if he could stay healthy.

LW: No offense to Todd Bertuzzi who is one of the best other than his recent indiscretions, but I'm saying Jarome Iginla. He's a power foward, but he has alot more offensive flair than the typical power forward.

9. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

*Scratches head.

@ Velve - do you mean this Stefan Liv:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=1578

Is he not from Poland like his player profile says?

If that is guy you mean, I don't see how he is the best goalie in the world when he isn't good enough to play in the NHL yet.

Best current goalie is Brodeur in my opinion.

Also, Markus Naslund plays Leftwing in the NHL, not rightwing, neh? He's one of the best but I think Tanaguay (sp?) as the young gun may be surpassing him.

Sakic has been consistently stellar for a long time.

The real reason I'm writing in though is a name to throw out historywise - Tretiak. I agree with Splunge on this one. (I was a kid too small to remember being at Team USA vs. Red Army, but I'm assured I was.... when Team USA got waxed in the exhibition. Oh, well).

[ March 12, 2004, 05:51: Message edited by: Laches ]

10. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Goalie: Brodeur
    Defense: Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Pronger
    Forwards: Tough choice as there are so many.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't believe I missed a hockey topic!! Here are my picks in no particular order:

Goalies: Martin Brodeur...Since Patrick ROy retired, he's in a class by himself! And this, from someone who HATES the Devils!!!

Defensemen: Sergei Gonchar, Chris Pronger, Zdeno Charra, Nicklas Lidstrom, Rob Blake, and Kim Johnsson (Flyers pick, sorry I couldn't help it!)

Forwards: Joe Sakic, Daniel Alfredsson, Milan Hejduk, Mark Recchi, Jarome Iginla, Mats Sundin

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Best ever or best current?

Current IMO

Martin Brodeur

Sergei Gonchar, Rob Blake

Jaromir Jagr, Joe Sakic, Ilya Kovalchuk

Best ever I have no idea tbh!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.