1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Uytuun, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Went and saw it two days ago and I found that it was quite moving. The patriotic religious and revenge hints were a bit too much for me, but overall I liked it. Just don't know whether it's in good taste to make a film about it. Then again, I suppose it's a way of making sure it is remembered.

What do you guys think about it?

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Yeah, because nobody knew who Alexander the Great was before the movie was released :p

I'm not going to see it for several reasons and one is because of the timing, second is going to be the one-sided view the movie will portrey. Also I don't think it'll be entertaining and worth $10 NZ to go see.

3. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Ditto for me too.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Who?

I think I will see this when it comes out on DVD, I guess, if I am recommended that I should. But I don't really have that much interest in seeing it right now.

5. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My local paper said the main thing wrong with it (they gave it 2/5 stars) was being released so close to United93 (which they said was by far the superior film). They also mentioned that it was felt too much like a mid day movie and at times felt a tad corny. So I probably won't be seeing it before I see United 93 (if I do get around to seeing that).

6. Sleep Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I just caught it yesterday. I have too agree that the timing is bad, i don't think the American public needs to be given anymore emotive material about the subject until they all stop support the revenge that is being taken out on inoccent parties across the world. But that is a subject firmly for Dangerous Angles so i will go no further.

As a film i found it a little long (but this is Oliver Stone) and not particuarly unbiased (but this is Oliver stone). I also found it a little arrogant and self congratulatory in its portrayel of American people (but this is Oliver Stone!). Firemen and police men risk their lives the world over, even in the streets of Bhagdad, Police aren't special because they try to save people while putting themselves in danger. Thats their job.
    The very fact that you are such a person makes you special as it is.

So i would give it 3/5. Visually stunning, generally well acted if a touch hammy in parts. But its very existence seems like a Republican propaganda mission.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've heard that it keeps getting poor reviews due to the fact that the entire movie is all about waiting. You're sitting on your butt, waiting for two guys to be rescued. :bad:

I might rent the DVD later on...like in a few years...just to say that I saw it. :rolling:

8. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

What's the problem with the timing?

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What movie theatre do you go to?! Costs me $11 and I'm a Student. *mutters*

Just seeing the preview, it really does look to patriotic and... moralistic (for a lack of a better word) for me to go out of my way to see. Prehaps when it comes out on DVD, or when it's out on TV.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.