1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

This just happened ... two planes just flew into the World Trade Center in New York. This just happened 10 min ago so I don't have much news yet, but Holy Cow!

2. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Not only the WTC, the Pentagon was hit by a plane too. Some Titan is throwing planes on the US.

3. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

How can anyone justify actions like this?

I know the US in world politics terms have tread on a few toes every now and then, but please! Nothing warrents this sort of action.

Just in: Another one nearly hit the Pentagon!

I'm not looking forward to the US response, but I can only guess it will be severe!

OUCH!

4. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

One of the dual towers just collapsed entirely! There is said to be thousands of casualties...

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I missed this thread so i posted a new one but it was kinda unnecesserary. Reports say that something in Pittsburg and some other place has blown up too.

6. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What I know so far:

Both towers of the Trade Centre in Manhattan are gone. Two hijacked planes, one hitting each of the two towers, which have now both collapsed.

The Pentagon was also hit by a hijacked plane and is on fire.

At least one other explosion on Capitol Hill in Washington from a car bomb.

Another plane crashed outside of the Pittsburgh airport, but no word on whether or not it is related.

All US air ports have been closed; air traffic is being routed to the nearest airport; numerous planes in the air have been re-routed to airports here in Canada.

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

At least every country from Russia to Europe supports Bush. So its haardly a world war. But suicide attacks must be a third world action. Bush needs a guilty one. Someone must pay. A 3rd boing 747 has crashed in pennsylvania

8. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I can't see anyone admitting to this - the response would just be too severe. How could the authorities be caught out so badly? One plane would be bad enough, but to have three/four separate plane strikes and a car bomb is astonishing.

9. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] If this is an act of someone in the muslim world, hell is loose. The world might be in trouble now, guys and girls :(

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just heard that thousands of palestinians are out cheering in the streets. If it is them i wonder if one single palestiniand will be left alive.
    Is there any news about what Osama Bin Laden says about this? He got the cash and the organisation.

11. sorvo Guest

They shut down all financial institutions too.I only live an hour away from NYC I can't believe this shit!

12. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

I've heard that numerous groups are claiming responsibility, but no official word. Another possibility could be that this is the result of national terrorism, like with Timothy McVeigh, but probably not very likely.

On a normal working day, some 50,000 people work in the two towers of the trade center. They collapsed about 90 minutes after the second plane crashed into it, so who knows how many people they were able to get out of the buildings. The death toll could easily be in the 10's of thousands.

The US response is likely to be enormous. The Vietnam war claimed 60,000 US lives over 10 years. The US reaction could conceivably be an act of war against whatever organisation/ country is responsible. I'd hazard a guess that US military is in some way already being mobilised.

13. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Osama bin Laden has denied it was him. Someone phoned a newspaper in Jerusalem saying it was the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, but apparently they are unlikely to have been able to pull it off.

14. Viking Gems: 19/31

At what point does an act of terrorism become an act of war? I have a feeling someone have overstepped the mark quite considerably here.

If I was Palestinian I would be out there loudly condemning this action, not cheering, thats for sure!

I seriously doubt any group that could have pulled this off will claim responsibility. There will literally be hell to pay.

15. Turambar Gems: 13/31

I just saw pictures from israel with people cheering and celebrating. They may not have done it, but I think they may have been involved in the financing, cause this kind of thing costs alot of money.

Bin Laden is having a press conference at 19:00 norwegian time, that should be interesting.

I must admit that I am worried for what's gonna happen when USA finds out who has done this. I am actually really nervous about this whole situation........

16. sorvo Guest

At the rate their shutting everything down here, I'm starting to worry too! I was supposed to go to the shore tomorrow.

17. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] If it matters, Germany's on your side! Federal chancellor Schroeder just told us on television that the NATO is strictly condemning these actions. This buttkicking for evilness must be stopped...

18. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Clancy's Debt of Honour comes into my mind...
    I dont know what to say... That's ridiculously terrible.

19. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I would like to state that the catastrophe today is an absolute atrocity. I wish to let people know that under no circumstances, regardless of what country you live in, should this be acceptable. I don't care how much someone hates Americans, or how stupid someone thinks we are, or how much someone despises our government, nothing like this should ever happen. Had it been any other country I would have felt just as bad because it is not just an attack on America. Such an attack is despicable to human decency. I am relieved that the majority of the people in the world and on these boards feel the same way. I only wish I could instill some empathy into the choice few who do not. I pray for all those involved.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited September 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited September 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited September 12, 2001).]

20. Laches Gems: 19/31

A classmate of mine was beeped out of class. He is a Navy Seal and told me he had 12 hours to report to a training mission. He felt it likely they would then be off on a search and kill mission.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.