1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Domination

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Wildfire, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Well, I'm off for two weeks practicing my skills of ruthlessly taking over countries in the Sunny South of France. Whilst it may seem as if all I am doing is sunbathing and swimming, Believe me, there is a far more devious plan at work.

I'm not too sure what, but it will come to me in time :D.

So I bid you farewell, or Au Revoir or whatever they say in that weird country. Next time you see me, I will be either :

1) In prison :(
    2) The new ruler of France/the World :D
    or 3) Given up the insane idea entirely and relaxing with a chilled can of Irn-Bru, soaking up the rays in front of my Computer Screen :D

~Wildfire [Currently in France, may not returen alive]

P.S. Don't reply to this unless it is flattery and praise :D

ARGH! I had to change this as I had too many smiles :mad:

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey Wildfire...I just saw on CNN that upon hearing that you were coming to France...They surrendered!!!

One country down, 182 more to go!!! Have fun on vacay!!

~Bel

3. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Are there only 183 countries in the world? I thougt there were well over 200...

4. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Wildfire... the chatroom will dearly miss you :(

5. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Grovflab-That depends on if you are counting all of the really really small countries... Like the Vatican.(i think)

if you are trying to take over france, you could end up in a place far worse than prison. :D

6. herf Guest

A place far worse than prison?!?! It has to be Australia!

7. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I think that's my sister's room.

8. shadow_thief Guest

LOL! I hope you aren't trying to insult girls though. *sniff* they aren't *bad* or anything.

9. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

LOL, Bel. Damn Cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

No offense to any French people on here.

10. Silverblade Guest

I don't think there are much French around.

The Vatican isn't a country, the smallest country is Liechtenstein IIRC (well, there is a smaller country, it is called Sea World, but it more like an oil rig at see, but it has it's own law system and constitution, so that is the smallest country: population 2)

And what is wrong with Australia, I never been there but I love to go there on a vacation.

11. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Errrr Herf, have you ever been in Australia(my guess is no) i think you have to see and visit the place before you make false judgments!

12. herf Guest

Gormenghast, it was a joke, i thought that was obvious.
    It wasn't a false judgement, it was a joke.

13. shadow_thief Guest

I wondered what you were talking about, Gormen. I thought it was a joke.

14. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31

Dammit Vile, you stole my line!!

Heh how many wars have the french won?
    Hmm... French Revolution?

Lost/Surrendered?
    French/Indian War
    WW1
    WW2[Surrender to the US, surrender to Germany, surrender to... need i go on?]
    Southeast Asian conflicts [French Indochina?]
    Leggionaires anyone?
    Napoleonic Wars
    Then this thing with the Zulus...

"French soldiers carry white flags instead of bayonets." translated German wartime saying.

Amon-Ra

15. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

lol, wildfire whatever you do dont eat the blue cheese, if the taste and smell dont kill you, the bacteria growing all over it will ;)

16. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now i think you are being a tad unfair. Napoleon won several wars but he had a tendency to overreach himself. Charlemagne won lots of wars. But they do have lost alot of wars lately but i think it is connected to the longliving dislike between France and Germany and the wars that is most vivid on our memory is the ones with the germans as the "bad guys" so they took the french first every time if they would have concentrated on someone else first in WW2 the french might have been spared occupation atleast.

17. shadow_thief Guest

I remember my dad showed me the BIG family tree and I learned that Charlemange was a distant relative to me but my dad said it didn't count cuz it was like, a millenium ago.

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    My distant relatives have a much more shaded past...Jesse James (Western Outlaw) & Aaron Burr (Signed the Declaration of Independence & he killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel.)

Charlemagne is pretty cool though!! I wrote a paper on "The Song of Roland" in college.

19. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You're related to Aaron Burr?

Imagine what your life would have been like if Burr's plan to create a western dominion after he fled from the murder accusations had actually come true, instead of his being backstabbed by the general who was supposed to aid him(not to mention supply the army :p).

I'd think you'd at least get to be the Marquis of something...maybe Santa Fe!

[This message has been edited by The Deviant Mage (edited August 06, 2001).]

20. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

Sorry Herf! :(
    I am sorry, i misunderstood, i thought you were dead serious! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.