1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What was up with your Sweden today, Rutkowski? in the 2nd half against England your boyus were really good. Against Germany everyone was crap! Lagerback took far too long before he took that overrated idiot Ibrahimovic off... he was a liability.

That Isaksson fellow might well have earned himself a move though.

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Crapy game we had today; "daygos" are like "brazucas", they do nothing all the game and even the other team plays better, but 2 lucky plays and... goaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll!!!!! We are in the quarters... not too sure if we can beat Germany if we play like today again.
    What a goal Maxi did, kind of Cole's goal.

4. Register Gems: 29/31

What happened? The referee happened. Tireness happened. Lacking an offence during the entire cup happened. Brainfarts happened in the defence. Larsson decided to shoot a penalty he caused.

However, not everyone played like crap. Isaksson, Hansson, Mellberg, and Alexandersson played godly. Ibrahimovic, Allbäck, and Lucic played decent.

The rest sucked.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Germany is starting to scare the crap out of me. How on earth is it possible that a mediocre team at best turns into a championship candidate in less than two weeks ?

Three weeks ago every German wanted Klinnsman's head on a stake, now he's about to dethrone kaiser Franz. I know i shouldn't be amazed, because Germans are never to be underestimated, but what the hell....

6. Shortnamed Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hey, you have to understand us.

When we startet into this wc, we all had that horrible defense in mind and did not realy believe our team would achieve anything.
    And the game versus Costa Rica did NOT help us to shake off that feeling of impending doom.

But wtf?!

They rushed to quarter finals o.O

weee.... need another pils.

btw:

KUDOS to the swedish Goalkeeper.

He saved them from a humiliating 5:0 (at least).

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

So you're a German that needs more pills ? You came to the right place then, how fast you want it ? And how much ?

Never mind.... i noticed i didn't read your post adequate, my bad. But since when did Germans stop believing in their own national team ? I thought such a thing would be impossible.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

heh. may end up owing my friend some money. he bet that germany would be the cup winner and i bet against. they're doing REALLY well.. still sticking to Argentina and Italy though.

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Germany still didn't play against a good offensive team...

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That Argentina v Mexico game was fantastic. Sounds like the Germany v Sweden one was a bit boring though.

11. Register Gems: 29/31

I disagree. Before the 2-0, and even after for some time, they had oppurtunity to score MANY times, if it weren't for Isaksson.

Also in the second half, there would be at least 3 and 4 against, if it weren't for Isaksson and an excellent defence.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    I think you misunderstood what he meant, Rutty. He said Germany haven't PLAYED a good offensive team yet. Sweden turnmed in their worst performance of recent times againt them yesterday. Against Argentina, they'll be found out I reckon.

13. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

Well, we are Europes second most depressed country (after Finland), so it's no wonder most of us complain a lot.

But no one wanted to fire Klinsmann. That was just the BILD, the most succeful and influential yellow press 'newspaper' here, which tends to 'make war' on people who do not cooperate. Klinsmann is one of its 'enemies'.

14. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Exactly what Barny said, I mean, Sweden didn't score much in the 3 previous games (3 goals?); Costa Rica managed to score one goal to Germans, Polonia scored 2 but none to Germany, Ecuador played with half 'second unit' team.
    I don't know if Argentina will win, but they has lots of good scoring players, and if maybe one or two haven't a 'good day', we always have some others that will.

15. Register Gems: 29/31

Ah, okay. Mistake from me then.

16. Sydax Gems: 19/31

What a goal by Becks, beautiful.

17. Register Gems: 29/31

Lucky England that they faced a team that was more dull than Sweden. Any other team would not have gone down that easily.

18. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

I'm consistently amused by the low opinion the English public seems to have of David Beckham. Even now, after this game, loads of praise heaped on Rooney for running and fighting and barely a word on David Beckham saving the match YET AGAIN. Don't get me wrong, I think Rooney is a fantastic player but all the running in the world won't help if you don't score... Of the four matches England played so far, Beckham has scored/set-up goals to decide three of them.

BTW, Michael Carrick was excellent - he should become a permanent fixture.

19. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Ecuador weren't nearly as brilliant as they were in the first two games. Still they tried real hard.

Ericsson is a ****in idiot. Says that they should have scored more goals. HOW!!! With that kind of a set-up there is now way really to attack. Rooney is not Henry who is accustomed to being the lone striker; he needs a partner striker.
    And what was Gerrard doing? He was everywhere. Give him the offensive-central-midfield position and let him score. Put Lampard behind Gerrard to feed passes, since he obviously can't score even with a hooker.

Awesome Beckham goal. His second from a free-kick in this WC as far as I am concerned.

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    We were solid enough I guess, just VERY uninventive going forward.
    They never looked like scoring and had only one good chance, so that was good defensively. Going forward, we never commited enough men and so did not have many chances.

Beckham got his 2nd goal this WC and now is the only English player to ever score in 3 consecutive World Cups.

Now, onwards and upwards, but a MUCH better display is required against Holland or Portugal (probably Portugal IMO, sorry Pac Man!)

BTW I'm rather drunk :D .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.