1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Work and Screwups

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Foradasthar, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I felt I just had to make a topic out of this.

All those who know a little something about me and my attitude about life and the world in general, should know that I despise alcohol and drunkards. Well, here's to me then, a semi-drunkard.

Last friday we had a work meeting concerning one of our latest customers, they had one representative attend that meeting (I knew that person from before, we've been working together on an occasion). Anyway, the idea was to discuss the results and improvements of the co-operation of our two companies. The idea was also to drink, eat and have fun. So after drinking a few social drinks, I proceeded with giving a very accurrate explanation to why one of the service points of our company was useless as it could easily be integrated into an already existing system. Everything went smoothly from here.

Well, until the representative left. My boss kindly explained to me what I'd just done, proved that one of the services our company provided was useless... So, because of being in an overly alleviated state of mind, I just made the worst screwup in my work history. I'm glad that I've done my work well enough to be well liked so far, so this won't have *that* dramatic an impact on me. I believe we can't lose that service point anyway, as there are a few things that can only be done there and the host company has refused this integration thus far (for no real reason, if you asked me). Still, the screwup is a major one. Performed in front of my biggest boss no less. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what's your story? Ever did anything wrong in your work? Tell me the story. ;)

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ask Tal ;)

3. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I once accidently slagged off a client of ours whilst they were next door with the MD, they all walked out 2 minutes later and gave me a look that could have killed me if it wasn't for the fact that everyone else in the office was laughing stupidly from my comments... sadly that was the last we saw of those clients, luckily the MD didn't like them either and brought me a pint down the pub afterwards, so I suppose it wasn't all that bad after all :)

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The only thing I've ever done as far as a screw-up at work was about 7 years ago when I was still a 'trolley boy' and put a dozen shopping trolleys through a shop window when I lost my grip on them.
    :hahaerr: :heh:

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh my god Aldazar that is hilarious. I can imagine that was very embarrassing.

When I worked this summer, thankfully it was just a little job at my high-school, I was fixing computers and stuff, I had a lot of accidents.

Let's just say I dropped two Dells(luckily only GX110's) onto the floor when I was unloading them off a high shelf and slipped off the chair, and came tumbling down with two cases in my arms. Almost died. :angel:

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, I wouldn't realy call it a screw up, as I was on my way out at the time anyways. I was about to go in for my last day of work at my old job in a supermarket when my nmanager called and told me just not to bother.

Apparently the water baloons I had hidden in the walk-in freezer had exploded and turned it into a walk-in ice rink.

Talk about burning bridges. Or rather, freezing them.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *cackle*

Jaguar, that's just too hilarious.

8. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Last week I was supposed to draft a check for a client totaling $151.98. I typed it in the computer wrong and did not insert a period so I ended up writing the check for $15,198.00, which in turn overdrew the customer's account. The customer was not pleased, needless to say. Then again, neither was my boss.

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I made a great big portable cabin really off square once. I only made the floor frame off square and didn't realise it until I was putting the roof on. At this stage nothing could have been undone so I just had to go along and finish it best I could. When it was finished it looked like the leaning tower of piza. The best thing was my boss never even looked at it so I never got into trouble. So if you are ever on a building site somewhere and see a portable cabin that looks like the leaning tower of piza, it is probably the same one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.