1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Won't let me go to Werewolf Island (totsc)

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by pokeyloki, Sep 16, 2008.

1. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

After Mendas says boat is ready, and I say let's go, screen comes up and says "insert disc three", which I do, but nothing happens. The disc is in good shape and has worked fine up until now. Any ideas? I appreciate any help. Thanks, pokeyloki

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Do you have the TotSC patch installed, or maybe have a pre-patched version of the game?

3. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

No. I kinda thought ther would probably be some sort of patch needed for this, but I didn't know which or where to find it. There are many other glitches also, probably from running this old school program on XP, but none so bad that I couldn't play, the worst is I can't do multi player.
    By the way, thanks for replying, and good to meet you.

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 46 seconds later... ----------

Oops, Vista

4. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

I found a reference to Official Patch in Warbane's Final Battle Bug thread. When I went to the site it said not to use patch for 3 cd Original Saga set, which is what I'm using. Is this correct, or are there other patches I should use? I'm planning to download tutu soon, from what I'm reading here, it sounds like I should have patches in first.
    Anyway, I'm not familiar with this and I'm in no way a hacker, so any help from someone who knows what's up is Greatly Appreciated.:o

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Your version comes pre-patched, so there's no other official patch to install. I don't know to what extent (if at all) BioWare still supports the game, but I'd try contacting their support about this issue.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Even if the disc seems to be fine I'd try to create an image or copy all the files, just to be sure. I have the 3 CD version and never ran into this problem, so a bad disc or a corrupt file is the only thing I can think of. Whatever you do, do NOT install any official patches - IIRC the game will happily let you patch it then completely break. It may be worth looking around for an unofficial fix. I did a quick Google search but found nothing like the issue you're having.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    One other option may be to do the full install. The game only cares if you have a valid game (only one disc is used throughout the game) -- changing areas does not require changing discs.

8. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Thanks for all of your help. I'll try a full install and see what happens.

By the way, I'm glad I found this site, it's a lot of fun and I hope to come around not just only when I run into problems.

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I second T2Bruno's advice, the way computers are now you probably have enough space on your hard drive for a full install.

I remember when I used to run BG on my old PC (1.5 MHz, 16 MO RAM, 2 giga) sometimes I would run into problem while changing CDs to load new areas. Videos were a problem, I ended up copying them all from the CDs so the computer would not look at the CD to play them. It made quite a difference (of course at that time it took most of my hard drive). Anyway, so much for the good old days.

If you want to play with the BG2 rules and interface you should check Easy Tutu, it's user friendly and apart from a minor bug (regarding the Beregost area which you can easily avoid if you save before entering Beregost just in case) it is just perfect. There is also a mod that changes the GUI to make it look like BG1.

10. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

So I just re-installed Original Saga. There is no "full install" option, so I did "custom", and selected everything selectable. Is that a full install? Hopefully this will work.

Also, I saw something somewhere around here about a multi player patch. My game/ computer wont run multi player. Would this patch help?

Thanks again for all your suggestions

11. Taluntain

Media:
    The patch is on SP, but if you want to install it in the hopes that you'll find people online willing to play it multi with you, don't bother. It was hard to find people when the game was still widely played, and today it's really next to impossible, unless you put together a group of friends yourself. IE games are single-player at their core so the overwhelming majority of people only play them by themselves.

12. Krentaris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey, I'll play multiplayer with anyone. There was actually an online community, mostly focused around GameSpy, and though compared to the communities of actual multiplayer games it was infintessimally small, it was still there, and so was I. Unfortunately this was indeed several years ago, and most people there were pretty piss poor at the game and/or completely unwilling to RP. So Talun's advice is good. Don't expect to find people online, but something tells me that there is just a certain quality about this game that will ensure people will always be playing it, even if mostly by themselves.

And yeah, what you did would be classified as a full install. I never bother installing if it's not a full install, anyway, because the CD changing would get on my nerves, and I'd probably end up losing them. (I already lost my Tales disc) If problems still persist then you could try a no-CD patch, I suppose, although they always require you install everything from disc first.

13. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

I've gotten Much better at not losing discs, I Finally just got a mew copy of TOB a year after opening up my old TOB case and found it ..not there. I guess most of that year was spent in denial that it was really was gone, because it didn't really take too long to find a new one.

By the way, the full install worked, and I'm now at Werewolf Islnad. Goes to show that even if it's by random chance, something has to go right once in a while...

Thanks for everyone's input

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.