1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Women who lie in court

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by LKD, Feb 24, 2010.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

We all know that women don't lie about being raped, right? I've even read in places that some people want the standard of innocent until proven guilty, as well as other legal protections for those accused of crimes, relaxed in rape cases, as it is too easy for guys to get away with this heinous crime.

What a crock of elephant feces.

Well, I'm as opposed to rape as the next human, and I believe that those who commit it should be brutally punished. However, those who don't do it don't deserve to go to jail just because some stupid whore wants to
    I mean, seriously? The guy has been in freaking jail for four freaking years because this useless, worthless, idiotic slut lied like a cheap rug for a reason that any decent, right thinking human being would say is utter and complete :bs: As near as I can tell, the closest he came to committing a crime was being
    That's right -- offend a woman, and you may end up being stuck in the clink for 4 years until she finally decides reverse her perjury.

IMHO, her lie should be punished by doubling the time he spent in jail -- she should be there for at least 8 years. But as usual, our justice system makes excuses for stupid whores and even tries to make her out to be some kind of hero for doing what she should have bloody well done in the first place. This sort of stuff makes me sick, and reinforces my belief that we as a society are just champing at the bit to penalize men not for their crimes, but just for being men -- modern feminazism needs no other reason to steal away years from innocent men.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, its not exactly news that people go to jail based on false testimony. I don't see anything particularly unique about this case. Yes, her reason for fabricating the story is ridiculous, but at least she's going to jail for it.

3. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Justic is finally served.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, it is pretty unique that the person who commits perjury admits to doing it. If she had not done so, chances are she never would have faced charges.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I made the thread because I think this case typifies a serious problem with today's society. In years gone by many rapes went unreported and unpunished. That is a horrible thing, and the idea that more rapes are reported and punished makes me happy. But the pendulum has swung too far, and this is a perfect example of that over-compensation. Yet we still have shrill feminists out there screaming that evidenciary laws need to be weakened so that more men go to prison. I chose that word deliberately -- I think these psychos don't care if more rapists go to prison, just as long as more men are suffering in the world.

Note that I don't say all feminists -- just the shrill psychotic ones. The ones who had already purchased the hanging ropes for that lacrosse team on the basis of lies told by a really despicable woman.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If I spent 4 years in jail for something I didn't do, I would want my false accuser punished if they were caught lying. You can't get your 4 years back, though Compensation and Punishment for the false accuser would help to ease the pain....

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK, now I'm confused. Is this thread about someone going to prison because they were falsely accused (which is what I originally thought the point was), or is it a rant against feminists (which is what it now appears to be)?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Someone can go to prison because they are falsely confused? Seems rather extreme for faking confusion... I could see maybe jail time or a fine or something. :lol:

9. Splunge

Media:
    Bah! Another case of my brain and my fingers not communicating. :p

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The feminist rant is because IMHO, the man went to jail because of radical feminist thought patterns that have infested our society. Replacing one injustice with another is not a solution to our social ills.

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This woman makes me sick. She's an insult to the rest of us women

12. Splunge

Media:
    I don't think it's the epidemic you're making it out to be.

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought this thread was about women taking naps in a courtroom....

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It sucks for this guy but the real problem with false rape accusations is that we then have to go through demeaning and invasive procedures to do everything possible to weed out the liers from the victims. I do not really understand the gut reaction people have towards rape. A crime is a crime and in my opinion the social stigma surrounding rape seems to be as bad as the act it self. Anywho anytime a woman has had to answer questions about her sexual habits or clothing in a rape case there is an outcry about those questions and how horrible they are and yes a large segment of the population seems to believe that the accusation should be enough to convict someone of rape. The sad truth is that it is, you may be acquitted in court but the accusation alone is enough to wreck your social sphere and make people look at you with suspicioun.

My idea is highly controversial but I do not see why we don't try to remove some of the drama and tension around the crime that is rape. The entire subject is so taboo and many view it as a worse crime than murder and most as a worse crime than a severe assault. If some of the tension, some of the drama around the crime and the act is removed I firstly think it would be a lot easier for victims get on with their lives. Now it is expected of them to be completely shattered and marked for life and I think that at least part of them being that is due to it being expected. If we as a society view it as any other assault I think it might be easier for victims to move on with their lives, I also think it would be easier for victims to go to the police and thirdly if the immense tension surrounding it is removed I do not think people would be so inclined to falsely accuse people if rape wasn't this super duper mega ultra deal.

Just can't stop myself from adding to my negative rep lure but most people view rape as worse than a beating and yet most rape victims seems to have prefered the rape over the beating, the mere threat of violence seems to be enough to stop most victims from struggling.

My main point is that I think we as a society is overdramatizing sexual crimes which in my opinion does nothing to help the victims but rather makes it harder for them and serves as a bait for unstable persons to seek attention by claiming things that never happened.

Fire away! :D

15. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I'll take the bait ...

While I condemn situations such as the one described in this thread, I think we should leave it to the actual victims of rape (women most of the time) to determine how bad rape really is. Me telling a woman "it's not so bad, relax" might be like me telling someone who got bashed in the head with a hammer to suck it up and stop whining because it's not so bad.

As far as the severity of a rape goes in the context of a comparison to aggravated assault, I guess there can be violent rapes and not-so violent rapes, depending on the situation, but the fact that law enforcement generally categorizes any rape as a violent crime (and that they are prosecuted as such) tells me that they must be pretty bad in any form.

Apologies for being crude here, but

we guys might take a different view of the whole thing if we had someone try to jam something up our butts against our will when we were not even feeling the slightest bit frisky and got to see how that felt first-hand.

16. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Which is why I wrote "people" and "persons" in the thread as although I am sure 99% of rape cases are men raping women I am sure it sometimes happens the other way around.

I am not saying that victims need to suck it up, I am saying that we as a society have put so much tension around the crime that is rape a woman has no choice but to feel horrendously despoiled as that is what is expected of her. What if for that woman it wasn't such a big deal? Not everyone reacts the same to being hit in the head with a hammer either.

The fact is that now we *don't* leave it up to the victims to decide how to feel about being raped, we as a society have already decided that it is the biggest violation possible and that she should feel destroyed and violated as a human being and to never ever be able to enjoy sex ever again and just to be sure to not be viewed as a slut who secretly enjoyed it possibly kill herself or at least medicate herself heavily. I am sure that for some rape victims it really is like that but I am also sure that there are plenty who actually would be able to take it in stride and to get on with their lives if society only let them.

As it is now a rape victim is marked for life, almost as harshly as the perpetrator. Can you imagine telling some future partner that, oh ten years ago I was raped? When someone gets beaten up, however harshly they are allowed to, at least to some extent, handle it in their own way without society judging them. Can a rape victim ever expect to meet anything but pity? The social stigma of the crime splashes on the victim almost as much as it does on the rapist in society of today. You can meet someone that has been beaten up and still see an individual while I fear a rape victim will forever be "the rape victim".

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There are many that can continue on afterwards as if nothing happened. Doesn't mean it didn't and it doesn't mean your own friends will ever treat you the same afterwards either.

A 14 year old girl near London got raped and insisted she just wanted to get on with her life. Newspaper reporters and photographers saw her shopping in town and laughing with friends just days afterwards and she was slated as a slut and recieved hate mail after the newspaper published a story on how she must have been gagging for it to move on so easily and a heartless little slag. She was recieving a lot of counseling and had a lot of support from all her friends and family. At home she was still distant and depressed but the media conveniently ignored that. Who ever wants to read about a girl putting on a brave face for her friends and family? :rolleyes:

There are even incidences where the emotional trauma of a victim is caused by the reaction of friends and family. Involuntary repression of the incident can leave the stress undealt with for years until the memories finally surface.

Sex is powerful. Voluntary or not. It wouldn't be such a varied, debated, surprising, legally dubious, religiously documented, primal and elusive subject otherwise.

Drew and Blades of Vanatar like this.
  18. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can attest to how devestating to someone's life such a thing can be. I have a family member who was sexually assaulted at a young age (not rape, 'just' sexual assault).

As a result of this, she has developed a severe eating disorder, psychogenic seizures and various other mental health issues. She is still suffering the effects 24 years on.

19. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Tarrasque, that's probably much more due to the age it happened at then to the nature of the act alone. Similar reactions can be seen from physical and emotional abuse that never even approach sexual acts.

Of course, different people react differently, but I agree with Joacqin that the modern media seems intent to define how people 'should' react in order to over-sensationalize it. Personally, I think people who do something like this should not only serve time in prison equal to what the accused served, but then write and sign a complete and detailed apology and pay for it to be sent to anyone* whom the accused wants to have it for the rest of the accused's life. And the State should compensate the accused for lost wages and mental anguish, since they let it happen.

*within reason, no 'everyone on Earth' or the same people over and over again.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

She should definitely be punished heavily, but I don't think rape laws should be made any less strict because of this at all... rape is the worst crime that can be committed upon another single human being. For every woman who lies like this, I will bet 4 or 5 rapes go unpunished, and more go unreported. It is unfortunate collateral damage, but there are far more rapes that don't get convictions than rapes that get false convictions.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.