1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WMD found

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Ragusa, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  2. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Pre-emptive strike! Pre-emptive strike! Nuke 'em before they nuke us! (Sorry Hacken Slash, and all you others, it had to be said, but I'll let you move before I call the airstrikes).

Whoa, I wrote that before I read the article, this is actually a lot more serious than it sounds, well not too serious, but not the kind of thing I thought it was- else I wouldn't have made such a joke. I'll leave it there though, because its funny. Its a sorry state of affairs however.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Good, but when will they find the government-owned ones?

4. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Mind this, not muslims.
    Now this is the time this story was made. How is it possible that this kind of catch was not headline news?
    Ah yes they were US white citizens not Arabs.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Mithrantir - We've got our share of loonies and they are white -- so what? Tim McVeigh? White, non-muslim. Unibomber? White, non-muslim. David Kouresh? White, Branch Davidian (whatever the heck that is). KKK? All white, definitely not Muslim.

I am not entirely sure of your point. It is obvious that our government is also pursuing internal crazies and has been for a while.

Maybe I'm just dense today. Not enough coffee or something, I suppose.

6. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I actually remember hearing about this when the arrests were made and charges were filed, it was an accidental benefit to the dragnet set up by the Justice Department post 9/11. It became part of the news again due to the recent report issued discussing the number of arrests made and terrorist acts stopped due to heightened security.

I agree with DMC, I don't really understand your point Mithrantir. At least when American civilians build WMD's, we have the decency to use them on ourselves!

You Europeans (and other non-Americans) need to understand that EVERY American has their own WMD. With just 12.5 more gams of Plutonium (currently in the mail to me from Iran), I will be able to complete the Nuclear device I have been building in my basement.

We have long dealt with our own "loonies" who sought to tear down this nation...what is new is having to hunt down other nations loonies.

PS. @Manus...send the bombers, not only do all Americans have weapons, we all have fallout shelters.

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG]
    I thought ukrainian plutonium is quite a bargain, nowadays ?

8. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Should we ship them to Camp X-Ray and let the terrorists there sodomize and kill them - or should we just kill them here in the U.S.?

Either way, the world will be a better place. :evil:

How true. I don't know why, but here we treat terrorists and wicked human beings as criminals and not heroes. We Americans really have some strange ideas! :)

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, and I'm the Vatican agent who has prepared plans for the upcomming invasion by Swiss Guard. All volunteers shall receive official pardon of all future sins up to seventh generation and a signed photo plus 50% discount on tithes for 10 years :rolleyes:

10. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Yes, Yago, Ukrainian Plutonium is a relative bagain, unfortunately they can only guarantee
    "next day delivery" to Syria, North Korea, Iraq (former leadership), and strangely enough, France.

As I would like delivery by 10am on the next business day, I have opted for Iran and Fedex, although it entails a few extra dollars (which I also print in my basement).

Hey Tal, does the FBI ever monitor this site?

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] OK,OK, remember this is supposed to be the serious forum...

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I just did a research report on White Supremacist groups around the world and considering how many there are in the states (KKK, White Aryan Resistance [or WAR], etc.) it's surprising there aren't more headlines like this one because almost all of them are violent.

Know this... if you ever see an Iron Cross get ready to beat the **** outta that guy! Or am I allowed to say that?

[EDIT: bad joke gone]

[ December 12, 2003, 02:00: Message edited by: Mystra's Chosen ]

13. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Blackthorne has just given out a reminder that this is a thread in the Alley of Dangerous Angles, and as such is meant for thought-out discussions on relatively more serious topics.
    Whatnots, the Random Babbling Thread more specifically, is meant to provide an outlet for the less serious and more random.

Moderators/Administrators do not like to have to repeat themselves within the same thread.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.