1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Witch's Hunt

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by omnigodly, Sep 9, 2010.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Completely disappointing.

No specifics in the spoiler
    No decision you made in part of the game prior matter. It's an hour long with "exploration"... (was a fun hour I guess)

NOTHING GETS ANSWERED and you only see Morrigan for 45 seconds.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Not worth what they want for it. Left a lot of questions. Maybe more to come with DA2. I would have rather Bioware just state Morrigan story to be explained in DA2 or even DA3 instead of making this DLC that explains NOTHING!!!!

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Witch Hunt DLC Announced!
    Aug 25, 2010
    One last thread hangs in the saga of the Grey Warden, Hero of Ferelden. Uncover the secret carried by Morrigan and the plans she hides in Witch Hunt, the final DLC for Dragon Age: Origins!"

Thats what they said on the webpage for the DLC. I uncovered no plans, nor did I uncover any of her secrets. Reminds me of what they did with the Neverwinter Nights game-trailer. Said you could import you Baldur`s Gate 2 character into the game, and they also implied that the BG saga would continue in NWN. I feel tricked, yet again, to be honest.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I heard that the PS3 final save game from DAO is the only way to close the book on Morrigan. I've read that the PC and XBox 360 final DAO saves have bugs and it treats the GW as if he was a newly created character.

That is what I've read; I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not.

In either one of your plays did she mention anything about a child or the god child? I know she did no such things in my playthrough as I playing a newly created character.

5. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

There is bug on PC from what I've read, but I had no problem with it. I've done DR and also had romance with her and my ending (in witch hunt) was according to that. Used char from awakening before final battle. So I'm not really unhappy with ending but nothing got answered.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

If you killed Flemeth does Morrigan answer you differently than if you let Flemeth live?

7. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I only know what she says if you killed Flemeth.

But i doubt there is much difference since Morrigan warned me about Flemeth being problem and to hunt Flemeth if I hunt anyone. My guess is that you don't get line "Flemeth is dead" line if you didn't kill her, but Morrigan's answer to that line is the same.

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Many responses recieved are the same regardless of what you say in DAO to NPCs. I found that annoying, though sometimes you do get a slightly different reaction than but than the standard response is added right after.

To me, if anything, Witch Hunt is a direct marketing ploy for DA2. It basically is saying buy DA2 to see how Morrigan story unfolds if at all. And if I know Bioware they may hold off on unfolding all of Morrigan's story until DA3 or expansion to DA2.

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

New patch out for DAO to fix the witch hunt bug.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.