1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Will my Char die in Never Winter Nights?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Raeven, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Raeven Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've read that in Never Winter Nights there won't be any kits.
    Now between the load times BG2 says that you can import your BG char. into Neverwinter.
    I've read the FAQ and it says that you can import but your character has to start on level 1. Which means you pretty much start over anyway so what's the advantage?

And what will happen to a cavelier or kensai?
    Will the simply become a paladin and fighter?
    And that's what bothers me... I liked the way how you could define your character with kits. Oh well not all the goodies last forever ;)

2. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I think you will have your proficienty slots.
    But I don't know actually

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sorry I can't help directly, other than with the question about importing a character that starts at level 1. I guess the feature is on their becuase people become attached to their characters so would like to use them in the new game. Being able to import them makes doing this easy. I also seem to remember seeing something (can't rememeber where) that suggested that you would be able to import higher level charactres but that these would not be supported on official servers. I guess this is to balance the game for newbies while still allowing experienced players to set up there own games for their friends. Anyway, I'm not sure of these 'facts' so I suggest you check out the following sites (sorry if you have already done this - just trying to help)
    Official site:
    http://www.bioware.com/NWN/index.html

This sites NWN area:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/NWN/index.php

This sites NWN forum:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/fo...inter+Nights&number=6&DaysPrune=20&LastLogin=

This sites newspage that always seems to be digging up new snipets about NWN:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/index.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I moved this to the NWN forum where it belongs... Hey Slappy good job on being helpful... You buckin' for my job? ;)

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31

6. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Since NWN is shipping with the ability to be modified, the possibility exists for you to alter your character as you see fit.

Its not cheating, it finding a better way. :D

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Well, the whole importing from BG2 to NWN is kind of a joke. NWN is in 3E rules so you will have to re-do a bunch of stuff anyways. With Feats and skills you can model your PC after a kit but it not exactly the same. I guess you'd keep your stats but that's about it. I think the NWN bits during loads is simply a shameless ad for NWN. After all you do have a captive audience.

I don't see how a 30th level PC at the end of BG2 is really that same as a 1st level PC at the start of NWN but to each their own.

NWN will be good enough without the import so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Got to agree with Voltric. With cunning use of 3E skills and feats you can make your character close to your ideal Kensai or Cavalier or whatever, but not exact. The stats system that ALFA will use will probably be points buy (25 or 28) so if your BG2 character has lots of 18s - forget it; and you won't be bringing in any items. That pretty well leaves name, alignment and portrait as the things you'll be importing!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.