1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wiki your town!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Felinoid, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Quebec City, Quebec

Not a bad place to live at all, except for the too high income taxes and utterly suffocating summers.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Here is my city:

North Shore

I'm still astonished that anybody has gone to the bother of putting this info about my relatively little home town on the internet. Amazing.

Actually, I wonder who will have the smallest population.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Town near the farm where I grew up:New Richmond

Town listed on my Birth Certificate: Beattyville

Where I currently live Which could change at anytime.

:lol: Gnarf, Beattyville is smaller than West Lorne. But I never lived there or was even born there.

[ June 08, 2006, 07:07: Message edited by: Nakia ]

6. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rødovre, stor kbh.

Not really much written about my hometown (not in English anyway).

We've got the best ice-hockey team in Denmark, though ;) .

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Who on earth is putting all this stuff on there???

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I already wrote this down in the RBP but now that there is an official thread.... :p Edmonton, Alberta We have a LOT of parks in Edmonton.

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

10. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Kluang

me town be name after bats, how cool is that.

11. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

12. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My current place of residence had not been added to wikipedia, but my old town (Lisburn) is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisburn

Interesting things that I didn't know:

1 We share the same drinking fountain's as Paris
    2 The name is derived from gealic (Lios na gCearrbhach) which means fort of the gamesters or gamblers.

Though it doesn't mention that Lisburns now crumbling fort survived 3 great fires.

14. Harbourboy

Yeah, I never knew Rachel Hunter was from the North Shore.

15. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

Ahhh... Jerome. You guys have no idea how surprised I am by the fact that my tiny town in the middle of nowhere is actually noticeable.

16. Harbourboy

Classic! That is a tiny town. You only have 1,068 people and a median income of US$36,528 (for males). The stats there are so detailed they almost list you by name!

17. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Wow! I actually found some information (in English!) about the place where I was born...
    Here's information on the provence, I born in Presidencia Roque Saenz Peña (number 4 on department list); here are some photos (click on "siguiente galeria" for more pics); and amazingly, here's an entry on Wikipedia about the city!
    I lived and worked here; just before I moved to Barcelona, where I live now.

18. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

Yeah, around here it's easy to live off of basically nothing. The cost of living is so low.

19. Harbourboy

Barcelona? That small place? Surprised there is anything about that little village there.

20. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

No, Barcelona (Spain) is where I live, is very big and is a place well know (at least there's lots of turist and is the most visited place in Spain); my surprise is to find information about the place where I was born, Saenz Peña, a little place only known there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.