1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why no romances for B.G. 1?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Snitza, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Snitza Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was wondering if it's possible to create romancess for Baldur's Gate the Original Saga?
    If so could someone give accute directions on how to set that up. Thanks a bunch!

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I don't believe such a mod exists, though I could be wrong. A skilled programmer could easily do it, I suppose, but it would be a lot of work.

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I think the only popular mod for BG1 is Dark Side of the Sword Coast, which only works if you have TotSC.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've read on the interplay boards that they are working on such a mod. Maybe you should check it out there.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    IF any such mod ever actually gets made, it will be linked on SP. Though considering none have been made in all the years up till now, that's not really very likely.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

We are currently on the coding stage for the BG1 NPC Project, which will make the BG1 NPCs a lot more like the BG2 ones as far as interactions and quests go.

It wouldn't be a really hard mod to make, but I agree with Tal, it's unlikely someone is going to make one.

If there's enough demand, though, I might break down and whip one up ;) .

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    But does it make any sense, given that charname will romance someone else in BG2 or that Khalid is still alive? ;) Oh well... but if I'm going to romance Sweetie... er.. Jaheira in BG2 and Khalid is still alive, you surely can make a lass for me and kill her right at the end, can't you? :D

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] well - considering most people in BG1 you don't see much in BG2 (unless to kill them or see humourous dialogues with them) then I suppose romances could be possible.

It's whether the same commands and stuff that make them work in BG2 work in BG1

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31

8people, coding the romances for BG1 would be pretty easy. I would actually have a harder time writing the dialogues than scripting and coding.

10. chevalier

Media:
    Well, 8people, but there would simply have to a split either a big break-up or divorce a l'italienne, hehe. Some realism must be preserved. Imagine a couple, a year of adventuring with each other starting from greenhorn level and rising to power together (nothing links people better ;) )... and then he or she gets lost in cyberspace and charname finds himself another girl or boy. Many people wouldn't notice, many would get over it, but roleplayers would frown on such a development of action.

Ah, and if someone needs dialogues and story bits for a romance, feel free to drop me a PM. Guess how I spent my young years with internet and English language :rolleyes:

11. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Minsc would work! He's still there in BG2 and he's Dynaheir's protector, not her lover. I've been waiting and hoping someone would make a romance with Minsc in BG2, it could be mighty funny. Anything's better than Anomen.

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well, you could start a romance with Jaheira that only triggers if Khalid dies. The romance with Viconia would be cool, and possible -- with a minor mod to BG2, you could start that game with Viconia in your party if you'd romanced her earlier.

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31

LKD, unless you're using BGT, that would be a pretty much impossible mod, since there is no way to carry globals between the games.

It would be possible (easy) to spawn in a creature that asks you if you romanced Viccy in BG1, but that seems a bit corny to me.

14. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

You could leave it the same as in the game but change her dialogue in the Government District. She could assume that you are still knockin' boots. Just tie it in with the rest of the romance (maybe in BG1 she'll be too embarrassed to tell about her past). I don't know.

15. chevalier

Media:
    You can always meet Nalia at the Ducal Palace ;)

16. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I would love to see an Imoen romance for BGI. She's the only character that I keep everytime :)

17. chevalier

Media:
    Ah, yes. And then she'd prove to be a sister. Hmm... what was my alignment again... ;)

18. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

HALF-sister. :D

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31

There's already been multiple threads on the legitimacy of the Imoen romance mods. Allow me to stop this debate here and tell you if you have a strong opinion, do a search.

We're considering adding romances into the BG1 Project. I might be willing to do one, if someone sent me the dialogues that they want. Sorry, but I've got too much other stuff to do than write dialogue for another mod :) .

20. chevalier

Media:
    As I said: you want dialogues, you PM me. There is no other way ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.