1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why isn't there a way to Multi-Class the Nameless One?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Megazell, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Megazell Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I prefer to have a fighter/mage like Dak'kon is their a way to make the Nameless One into a MC. I love to have him fight with Fist Weapons....Man :(

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I'm not sure entirely what you meant because i don't know how far u are in PsT. During the game you can change the nameless ones' class from fighter to either mage or thief. You stop gaining experience in fighter and gain it in one of the other 2 classes. You can then change to the third class or back to fighter. With the right npc's in your party you can change between classes qickly with just a quick conversation. Hope that cleared it up for you.

3. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

You're human. Only non-human's can multi-class. You can dual-class or triple-class, but not in the normal way. You can never use abilities from two or more classes simultaneously. The trade off is that you can switch back to a previous class and continue to gain experience in it.

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Actually Bombur, that is not exactly true, if you switch to a wizard, or a thief, you still retain your fighter THAC0 and number of attacks per round, unfortunately you are limited to the types of weapons you can use at that point.

Megazell there is a way to use fist weapons (or more acurately Afist weapon) as a wizard. Look here: http://www.sorcerers.net/community/...into-a-two-fisted-engine-of-destruction.9947/

It definitaly made for an interesting mage.

[This message has been edited by ArtEChoke (edited April 07, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2018
  5. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Good point, which makes backstabbing as a thief really effective.

As an aside, it seems to me that retaining THACO and attacks per round is a good way to go in any scenario. Reducing these for a character who dual-classes has never made sense to me. I mean, are we supposed to believe that a 20th level fighter who takes up thieving suddenly forgets how to use a dagger?

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The inability to set Nameless One to multiclass is not d&d rules. It is determined by designers' team.

The problem is in game engine - BIS removed any class possibility besides three plain classes. If you try to cheat Nameless One to any other class in the saved game (with hex editor of course), the game will crash.

Also related to the class disabling and switching within the game is a bug that locks triggers if you switch class in certain areas. I found it in Pharod's Vault and Ravel's Maze. It is confirmed by Platter, but is it "mendable" I don't know. Class switching for Nameless One seems too much hard coded in the game. And this problem is not fixed with the patch.

Anyway, don't cry ;), I think that possibility to switch between three classes is not something you'll see in any other game based on d&d rules. That's something more that makes PST special.

7. Megazell Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thanks...That was a cool trick. I have to go back to the market where I sold the weapon...It pissed me off and I sold them....oh well. This is one of the best RPG for the PC that I have played and enjoyed I am now just up to the painted door so I am still early in the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.