1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why does a chair...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    OK, I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any purpose whatsoever for the scroll that will drop very randomly that reads "Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things?" The only purpose I can find with it is it is worth 100 gp when sold.

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Wow that's random.. I've never seen that before :hmm: How often have you found it, and where?

3. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Never found an use for it either, though.

I'm pretty sure it's just yet another easter egg, much like the autograph you can get from the beastly trio in one of the maps south of Nashkel. Cash it in, every coin helps! :D

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Admit it, you've just made that up!

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    That's just it - it is TOTALLY RANDOM. This time, I found it in the Bandit Camp. Last game it was at the Firewine Ruins. Some games I never find it. But I cannot even tell you how many different places I've found it. It seems like it isn't connected to one particular area. Oddly, if you sell it, sometimes you'll even have it drop a second time in the same game. I have no explanation for any of this.

Nah - I would have made up something a lot funnier than THAT.

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I carried that scroll around for most of the game. I didn't have a clue what to do with it.

7. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

An easter. Is usually carried by ogrillions just to show us how stupid they are.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Does that only appear if you have TotSC installed? Because I don't have the expansion and have played BG numerous times and always play like a packrat and have never come across that :confused:

9. Redrake Gems: 7/31

Veteran

I really don't know. When I bought BG1 it had TotSC in it.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I don't know. It's been so long since I only had BG1 without TotSC installed that I do not recall if the scroll showed up back then.

11. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I've never played BG with TotSC installed and never seen this scroll before so might that be the cause..

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Ah that seems pretty conclusive. Its probably something that comes with TotSC then.

13. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I found that in the last game I played and thought "huh?" I think one of the devs must have been on mushrooms when he slipped that one in. ;)

14. Redrake Gems: 7/31

Veteran

Nah! They were constantly introducing easters like this in the game. They even went as far as making a contest on the old BIS boards to pick several members and then made the names of those members into a band of evil heroes. Mencar Peeblecrusher and his team from BG2.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

This never shows up in TuTu games, right? I am playing a BG1+ToTSC game right now (with Fields of the Dead and a few more mods) and it never showed up. Interesting easter egg, BTW.

16. Synergy14 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm currently playing a non-TuTu game and, about a day after reading this post, found 2 of these scrolls in a row from a group of 4 gnolls in the area you enter after finishing the mines. Just thought I would share this rare occurrence (I'm assuming it's rare anyway)

17. Redrake Gems: 7/31

Veteran

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.