1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why can't I damage Isair and Madae?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by smelly commoner, Sep 17, 2003.

1. smelly commoner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi All, I'm at the final battle with 2 lvl 22 illusionists and am having trouble hitting Isair and Madae. 23 DEX, doom bolter+5 bolts, Mordanikens sword and all i get is "immune to my damage" schtick. Got Madae down to hurt with chain lightning and onto 2nd room and i can't hurt them at all dammit. I dominated the Xvim knights and they are not hitting either.
    which makes me wonder whats going on here?

[ September 17, 2003, 22:10: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Tanthie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

IIRC, at least one of them is immune to slashing weapons. I think it was Isair but I'm not sure. Use bludgeoning weapons if possible.

I always take Madae down because Isair casts Improved Invisibility and Detect Invisibility doesn't work if he has Globe of Invulnerability on and that's why it's bloody hard to damage him by spells that won't hurt party members. And Madae isn't immune to slashing weapons, IIRC again.

Damn, it has been too long since I played IWD2. Maybe someone who recalls better can give some advice. ^^;

3. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It could be that they're just casting spells that reduce the damage you inflict on them. Try hitting them with a few dispel magics spells (or whatever the spell's called) and see if that does any good.

4. smelly commoner Gems: 1/31

thanks I'll give it a try. no dispel memorised so i hope a scroll works. I think the spells should have worn off them though.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    did you remember to purify the pool they bathe in?

6. smelly commoner Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] sure tainted the pool ok. Madae casts heal on herself in the second room anyway. Am giving up in disgust now after trying it again with a revised set of spells. 3 times i hit Madae with lower resistance but the duration is screwed up and it only seems to last a couple of rounds.
    Would be interested to hear from anyone who has done this with solo mage or mages only party. The rest of the game has been easy with this party,hardly a scratch most of the time.

7. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I remember I had my clerics, my mage and my bard casting hell upon them both but that were my fighters that made pieces of them (after two resurrections as well :cry: ..). If I were you I would summon every monster you can. Ah, one IMPORTANT thing, kill INSTANTLY the mage that is continually summoning giants, remorazs and that stuff; that is at the right of the room. Flesh to Stone!!.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.