1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's your fav. NPC?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by jesper898, Sep 5, 2001.

1. jesper898 Guest

My fav npc is minsc, because i think his cool and cause he walk around with a hamster he believe to be a giant space hamster that serves as hes mentor :)
    what about you guys?

Jump on my sword while you can evil i wont be as gentle!

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I agree. :D Why? because he has got personality, and personality goes a long way. Wont ever drop him out of my party.

EDITED HERE: Another Dane? I cannot believe my eyes:

Danes:

Lokken
    Grovflab
    Vicsun
    Nobleman
    Corbula (I think)
    Tasohan
    Pallepolleogruth
    Jesper

and probably more, Sorry for this spamming I just couldn't bear this secret in my hearth

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 06, 2001).]

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Sarevok! I just love hating that guy!

Uhm, as for someone who can join you, I have to say Minsc, I loved that fella in BG1 :D, started to hate him in the sequal though.

Or Boo! What is a Minsc without Boo! :p

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Spoilers a flyin eh Lokken? Anyway, guess most people who don't know have no idea anyway, so...whatever ;) Anyways, my votes go to Quayle and Coran respectively. Minsc is so overdone and overpopular, I won't vote for him ever. Quayle, on the otherhand, has such fantastic party conversations with Minsc and Dynheir. It's just hilarious. Plus he's an often overlooked NPC becuase people for whatever reason think they can't take an NPC after chapter three (as if they can't figure out a way to raise his experience:rolleyes :) Same goes for my next choice as well: Coran. He also gets the nod because he's just cool. Guess it's his laidback attutude or something. You also gotta love his dexterity score. Wicked, even for an elf.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited September 06, 2001).]

5. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Does Tiax count? :D

6. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I hate that babbling nincompoop, Minsc. What a buffoon he is. I like Kagain alot despite his lower strength and dexterity. "Ya buncha jerks! What tha hell did ya think ya was doing?" "I like it here, where the gold grows!"
    Coran is also a strong favorite of mine due to his skill with bows but he certainly is a physical weakling...not much hardier than a mage. :)

7. I vote for Coran also, to bad he's not your half brother.

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Hmmm, this is a tough one, but i think in the end it's a tie between Viconia and Imoen, they're always in my party. I think the stuff they come out with is so cool especially Vicky's 'the light it burns'. Remeinds me of me every morning. ;)
    On the subject of Minsc, although i do like him i can see Subra's point of him being a little hyped up, but he does come out with some classics like 'your wit is as sharp as my blade, but not half as shiny....oooooo, shiney.....'

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Minsc, for he's the only one that isn't complaining all the time. He would never leave the party (except when you don't capture Dynaheir)

Kivan is also great!

10. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I really like the villains, especially Sarevok, Edwin and Xzar.
    " Smiles! Everyone smiles!"
    " Elminster this Elminster that!"

11. Caine Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] minsc + boo the best ever

12. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I despise Minsc! He isn't funny just lame and annoying!
    Kagain rocks!
    Oh for the love of money!
    As leader I promise to make us all stinking rich!

13. Sol'Kanar Guest

The evil wizards, Xzar and Edwin, were always my favorites. Quale is funny to have along too, since he tends to bicker with other party members. ("Oh! Insult me again! Only this time, use your brain!")

14. Thalantyr Guest

Mine is Thalantyr. He is my favorite NPC.

15. Caine Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i'd have to say ......minsc...and edwin.they are both great if slightly over done.

16. Raith Blacksword Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

wow caine posted twice odd....

noober if only he could join my party he could annoy evil to death
    but really i'd have to say Ajauntis

17. Tiger Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Coran is my favorite. He's the best NPC with a bow, and if you give him the Gauntlets of Orge strength he makes a kick butt front line fighter too. All my parties have had him in them so far.

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Please, not Minsc! Anything but Minsc! I can't STAND the idiot! Or his stupid hamster! Um... Imoen is my favorite; she's your best friend, plus, for those who have played BG2.... :D I cannot BELIEVE people like Minsc.

Kivan, Coran, Viconia, and Ajantis. If I can think of any others, I'll edit my post. ;)

19. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

id have to say minsc with gauntlets of dexterity+spiders bane he is just one evil ruining guy

20. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Montaron off course! He's so delightfuly evil... sleep lightly taskmaster.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.