1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who would win?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by LKD, Mar 9, 2012.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This is a silly thread, wherein we ask, who would win in a fight between . . . . .? I'll be posting one per week at the minimum. You are all welcome to comment and add matchups as you see fit.

This week's is a matchup between two heroes of crime procedurals. It's GIL GRISSOM vs. MAC TAYLOR! My bet, TAYLOR. It's really simple, Taylor was a Marine, and Gary Sinise looks a lot fitter than William Peterson. Grissom may be smarter and have bugs in his office, but that doesn't mean much when you are in a chokehold from a professional killer, which when it is all said and done, is the job of a soldier.

This week's was a simple one, more will be coming and some of them will be a lot closer to call. Have fun, and be as silly or as serious as you like.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, but you forget Grissom's innate ability: Creature Swarm! Surely the distraction would be more than enough to allow Grissom to take Taylor down.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have no idea who those 2 people are.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Sorry, Barmy, Gil Grissom (played by William Peterson) was the first male lead on the original CSI. Mac Taylor (played by Gary Sinise) was the first male lead on the spinoff CSI: New York. I don't keep up with them as much these days, so i don't know if Sinise is still on his show.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I say Mac Taylor because he is sexier and the sexy guy usually kicks the most ass in hollywood. :p

How about Dexter Vs. Tony Soprano? I love both of them so I guess it would be pretty hard for me to choose.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

You gotta make a call if you bring it up, Dice! That would be a tough fight. Dexter has lots of Jiu Jitsu training, and he's crazy to boot. Tony is also a stone cold killer, though, and I imagine he has at least 70 pounds on Dex. I'd still go with Dexter, though.

7. Dice

Media:
    I think I'd have to agree with you LKD. Dex has an extraordinary ability to prepare himself against his enemy and he's good at reaction in unexpected situations. Tony sometimes lets his emotions get away from him...

OK, we need another, this is fun.

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

OK, how about .... Sean Connery vs. Roger Moore. I like them both, but I think Connery has the weight advantage. He also has more of a killer instinct.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What is this? Celebrity death match? Already been done.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

This is the age old formula question that people have been bandying about for decades, if not centuries. Nothing new under the sun, T2Bruno! Join the party!

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I love Sean, but Craig would kick both their asses at the same time (in their prime). In fact I think Craig could kick all the other Bonds ... probably all at once. Moore was the ultimate milquetoast.

12. Dice

Media:
    Ok lets try some ladies here. How about Angelina Jolie vs Pink. (Alecia Moore) Although I think they both are take-no-crap ladies, I would lean a little more heavily on Pink winning because Angie has been thin as a rail lately.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Pink all the way -- Angelina is a poser, and Pink is a scrapper.

Would it be wrong to say I'd want this fight to be done the way the Greeks did it? Nekkid and liberally doused with olive oil?

14. Dice

Media:
    It wouldn't be wrong LKD but prolly more suited to the MUG friend ;). Don't know about Angie but I think Pink wouldn't stand for that kind of hype for a fight though. She would kick ass in jeans and a t.

15. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I agree - Pink. AJ only kicks ass in movies.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A tie: I don't know these people, but taking into account that they're both from a CSI team, I guess they'd bore each other to death.

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    Would it be in mud? I wouldn't really care the outcome....

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, we were taking about Jolie and Pink. I DO know them. My guess would be Pink winning this. No matter what the outcome may be: I'll be there to watch and comfort them if necessary. I hope it takes a while before this fight is finished, though. Especially if it's done in mud...

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Claire Dunphy vs Fankie Heck

20. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Unknown to me. Googled them. Even money I guess. Frankie Heck seams closer to a Dexter like state so I gamble she wins on points.

The tickets sold will go to Tal.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.