1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who to swap out for Valygar?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My party:

me=cleric of Talos
    Yoshimo
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Jan
    Aerie

It's between Jaheira & Aerie:

I have myself & Jaheira covering divine spells
    Jan covering arcane spells.
    And then Aerie covers both.

I'm not going for an alignment type party so me being NE and Aerie being LG is not an issue for me.

I'm thinking Jaheira but I'm not sure. Input / advice?
    Romance doesn't matter.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    From a balance perspective, it makes more sense to drop Jaheira. Right now, you have two half arcane casters and one and a half and a half divine casters (so that adds up to 1 arcane and 2 divine). If you drop Aerie, you wind up 1/2 and 1 1/2, which, unless you just don't like to use mages, is inadequate in my view.

If you drop Jaheira, you wind up with 1 arcane and 1 1/2 divine, which is better. Frankly, I'd rather have more arcane casting than divine, but maybe that's just me. I think you are really lacking in melee brawn no matter what, and dropping Jaheira doesn't really help that, as she's the only other character that gets more than one attack a round (aside from Minsc).

On the other hand, if the goal is to get Imoen back reasonably quickly, then that solves your arcane/divine balance issue and I would drop Aerie. (Plus, she just annoys the hell out of me.)

YMMV.

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's part of my dilemma. I'm picking up another fighter type but if I ditch her I'm back to just 2 fighter types. Or if I drop Aerie I lose out on a "bonus caster" as I refer to her as since she does both arcane and divine.

She is very annoying.

I wont be getting Imoen back for a long time. I try to do all the quests before I go sailing.

What does that mean?

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.