1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who are your favourite 3 NPC's?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neeraj the Freak Paladin, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Only list your favourite 3 potential teammates in the game

For me, I personally don't see myself getting rid of Minsc, Aarie and Jaheira.

I love having Minsc in my party beacuse:
    1) He is so freakin powerful!
    2) He has good intentions, I know it sounds cheesy but I personally like having a party of good aligned characters. Makes me kind of wish Jaheira would quit complaining about balance now that my party gets things at half price!
    3) He is deadly in meelee and long range attacks, at least since i got a Tugian Bow from killing the archers in the slave trade room from the sewers
    4) His dialogue is freaking halarious!!!

Aarie I like because
    1) Unbeleiveably versatile with her mage/cleric combination
    2) Not too shabby in combat with a Clerics Staff+3 and AC8 Bracers of Defense, and Robe of the Good Arch Magi
    3) She is not Edwin! LOL!

Jaheira I like because
    1) Insect Plague! best spell when fighting powerful spell casters!
    2) She is good when I need an extra fighter with her +2 Club she got in the Druid Grove, a good backup fighter with her Lightning Staff she got in the same spot--kind of like a jack of all trades for my party--kind of like how Scottie Pippen plays nowadays
    3) She has been even more useful now on offense now that I have someone who can operate the Wand of Heavens so my mages can concentrate on spellcasting

[ September 16, 2003, 03:17: Message edited by: Neeraj in Athkatla ]

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh, not this again so soon, A. the Flopish Idiot did a whole NPC elemination poll thing a while back, so do a search for it and you can see all the different stages of the elemination...though I do agree with you on Aerie and Jaheira. :rolling:

3. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sorry bout that! I just registered today and this is the 1st day interacting with others playing SoA!

Sorry about this particular board!

[ September 16, 2003, 03:17: Message edited by: Neeraj in Athkatla ]

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sweetie... er..., Jaheira

Imoen

Nalia. Would be ex aequo with Keldorn, but I only have him for a short time because I always tell him to take care of his family. I just roleplay a bit, you know.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Roleplaying wise:

1) Viconia. I just have a thing for evil chicks.
    :evil:

2) (Edited for spoiler/regulation reasons) It will have to be Korgan. Although he does become rather redundant as my Charnames are usually fighter-types.

3) Yoshimio. The perfect sidekick...until...
    (Imoen shares this spot as well, filling the role of a sidekick and thief.)

Power wise:

1) Anomen. It's ridiculous how powerful this little twerp can get at high levels. :mad:

2) Keldorn. Inquisitors are unbalanced. Unbalanced, I say! Throw in Carsomyr and it gets even more ridiculous. I always kill this old man in the sewers anyway and then visit his family in the Government district with a few Death Spells. :evil:

3) Edwin. The supremely powerful mage with the most spell slots. Of course, he gets trumped by the two above with their anti-magic capabilities.
    Plus, he's annoying as hell, although the comic relief he provides makes up for it.

[ September 15, 2003, 20:33: Message edited by: Shura ]

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1) Keldorn - Undeserved repuation as a prig. The man is simply a pillar of dignity. I sort of look at him as a father-figure, a worthy stand in for Gorion, to my PC.

2) My light-hearted, spunky, sweet-natured little sis'. How can my elf fighter/mage not make for Spellhold as soon as possible to rescue her?

The best for last ...

3) Insect Plague, Iron Skins, plate armor + shield, magic scimitars, elemental summonings, and plenty more all add up to a woman who just plain kicks a**!

With her finely featured face, and a figure honed by survival on the battlefield, she's simply the most beautiful woman on the face of Faerun (Viccy included :p ). While she's notorious for her grit, and seeming "bossiness", that's only scratching the surface of this supergirl's wonderful personality. Take the time to find out, and you'll find out all about her compassion, her resolve, her inner demons, and her sweetness to the core. :love:

Incidentally, I've always had a problem with the description for the Nature's Beauty spell. It says that the spell transforms its caster into the very ideal of beauty. I'm like, "Jaheira isn't already the very ideal of feminine beauty!?"

7. Tionne Dawnstar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi... I'm new, I was intrigued but the topic...

My favorite NPCs are Anomen, Jaheria and Imoen...

Anomen id fun... not only because he's wicked powerful, but also because he's not perfect... I really don't mind his abrasive personality because he does get better.

I love Jaheria because she can become really powerful, and I just love the fighter/cleric or druid combo.

Imoen is a favorite from BGI, and I think she's much better with the thief/mage class... plus she's funny...

8. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Anomen - you all can have Viconia. The "little twerp", as he's been called, does get very powerful as the game progresses. For all his faults, and all the NPCs have them, he is a must-have in my games. Besides, gotta have someone to romance.

Jaheira - just read Beren's post. No matter what I try to put here, it will pale in comparison. Suffice it to say that I agree with Beren.

Nalia - a little too good for her own good, but Nalia continues to amaze me with her abilities. There may be better thieves and mages but Nalia, to me, is a good mixture. Once I figured out where her strengths were, the idea of adventuring without her was inconceivable. To date the only party that she was not a member of was my all-guy party.

9. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Then you should have included her. Just kidding of course.
    My favourite:
    Korgan, pure fighter, nearly impervious to magic as he levels up. Will trash beholders single-handedly. Kind of fun.
    Viconia, single class cleric, nice romance.
    Imoen, nice thief, nice mage.

10. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Korgan, now there's a nice friend
    Edwin, I bring him allong to lighten me up in times of trouble
    Viconia, can you say sexy?

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It changes depending on my mood, but Jan is always in there, as is Anomen. The third is a tough one -- both Aerie and Keldorn contribute such nice things to the party!
    I just plain don't like playing the evil way and so while some of them are really tough, I have a tough time playing with Evil NPCs.

12. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

#1 Imoen, always Imoen. She's just too useful and fits into any party so well (curses on Bioware for making her a Bhallspawn!).

#2 Minsc. My first character I played was as chaotic and as good as they come so roleplaying him with Minsc was always a blast. I so liked the thought of this big 18/96 strength and waving a massive two-handed sword and how our enemies would cower before him . . . until they saw the guy with the 19 strength and carrying two bastard swords.

#3 Aerie. 1 Mage and 1 Cleric in a party never seemed like enough but two of either seem to make a crowd. Aerie solved this problem nicely. Sure she's not that good in a fight, but I've edited some 2da's to give all characters the warrior's HP Con bonuses and then I'll fit Aerie with the Girdle of Fortitude. Now who's bad in a fight?

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Korgan, Viconia and Edwin. :eek:

Evil characters all three of them which is all the more surprising since I much prefer to play a "good" character.

14. Hanek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'd rather prefer
    Jan Jansen, because of his good items
    Viconia, she's a good cleric
    and Jahera, she's a good combination of a cleric and fighter.

15. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] It depends on which character I'm playing (good or evil guy), but my favourite are:

Minsc: That idiot makes me laugh, is ridiculous powerful and as long as you keep his hamster satisfied he is loyal to the end.The noblest of all characters (yes, even noblest than Keldorn IMO), even my evil character wants him as a friend.

Viconia: The dreadful drow, the hidden heart, she is everything you're afraid of and nothing you could understand. The best cleric in the game and geez, she's attractive!!.

Jaheira: So uptight, so exigent, so troubled with herself and her feelings; looks like an older sister that is keeping an eye on you for your own good, but at the end.. (at the end it is you the one who has to take care of her.. some kind of poetic justice).

AND if this were a ToB forum, I would butt Jaheira and take Sarevok instead. One of my favourites moments is when he says that he wants to be in your party "alright, but I defeated you in the past, now I GIVE the ORDERS".

16. The Grim Rippor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Only three? You cruel, cruel person!

Let's seeeeeee...

Minsc:
    Why? Because he's hilarious, arguably one of the best fighter NPCs in the game, and unstoppable when well equipped. Also has the ability to cast spells later on, and, as mentioned before, a wonderfully humorous plotline and NPC - PC / NPC - NPC chats.

Edwin:
    Smarmy. Overconfident. Powerful. A poser, and, as you will learn soon on, Pathetic (Personality-wise). He thinks the world is beneath him; that he is, can, and will be the most powerful person around, and, when he tries to become something greater, he'll fail miserably. And then the joke's on him! Oh, and he's the best spell-casting NPC there is. No matter what your alignment (I'm Lawful Good), I urge you to take him in your fold, if only to laugh at him.

Aerie:
    Well, this is fairly new. Before, I liked Jaheria to be my romance, but Aerie's wide-eyed naiveity (Is that even a word?), Sweetness, kindness and innocence is wonderfully moving; I think that no other NPC can capture the way she looks at the world. Usually dismissed by other BG2 playing friends of mine for being, well, a wimp, It's only 'till later on in the game that you get to understand her (Which also goes for Jaheria). Although she doesn't have the greatest stats, She can cast a excellent amount of spells. Also has the best female major NPC voice around, In my opinion.

I would also like to stress how much I hate Viconia here, and that I kill her later on. *Cowers from the incoming barrage of rotten food soon to come at him*

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Edwin: Even though I am always playing the good side I can't play without Edwin, he is just plain cool with his attitude (although just barely :D )

Viccy: gotto love the drow.

Jan Janssen: That's the dutch part in me talking now, but seriously I love the stories.

18. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] What are you going to do with Viconia??? You're a corpse, Grim!!! :flaming:

(now, where did I put my backstabbing short sword...?) :hmm:

19. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Only 3? All right, in no particular order:

1)Imoen. She's a good thief, a great mage, and she makes the game much more interesting.

2)Minsc. And WHEN is someone gonna let me romance him, huh? I've just got a thing for thoroughly good, thoroughly nuts burly guys who have a soft spot for hamsters.

3)Aerie and Jaheira. (snuck 2 in there). Aerie's sweet, good, and powerful. Jaheira kicks butt; nothing can get this woman down. I thought she was beautiful in BG1 -- what's wrong, don't like brunettes with big brown eyes?

Viconia bugs me too. How can people think Jaheira's a b-- but like this creature? The drow drive me bonkers. A female-run society must be evil and they're "cursed" by having dark skin? And they're an evil RACE, except for a few "brave" males?! Am I the only one who sees something seriously wrong here? Besides, the idea that intelligent elves would worship a giant spider seems pretty darn silly to me.

20. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've had that mod in development for quite some time (forums: http://rpgdungeon.myikonboard.com ), but I haven't heard from Tayja for quite some time, so no idea what's up.

Because a lot of the people that play the game are horny teenage males who enjoy the *benefits* of romancing her.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.