1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

White Dragon Scale Armor

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tiger, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Tiger Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Shadow Dragon Scale Armor is Leather, Red Dragon Scale Armor is Plate, so does anyone know if the White Dragon Scale Armor is Chain? or is it Plate? Would kinda makes sense to have 1 of each, but then it would have a really good AC for Chain.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if Barbarians can wear it or not? Cause if they can then that makes Barbarians very nasty, and if not I'm sure they'll survive. :)

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Well the thing is that nowhere in the description does it say what kind it is, just that it's made from a white dragon's scale. It does have -2 AC while blue dragon plate has -1 AC. Also it gives you the ability to cast Cone of Cold 3 times per day and gives you 50% resistance to cold.

But here is the good news, since it doesn't specifically say, I summoned Haer'Dalis to the Abyssal Plane and had him try it on since he can only wear up to chain and it worked, spells were disabled of course but he was able to wear it.

3. sorvo Guest

It is under the chain catagory you get 50% cold resistance too!

4. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It is a chain mail, because it was salvaged from a young Dragon, so the scales are definetely smaller in size.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I would rather say it's spilt mail. iirc the proptection was better than a chainmails, but I may be wrong here. I don't have the time to check it out myself, so I just tell you how to find out:

Just give an enchanted chainmail to your char and check the AC-modifiers in your character sheet and then give him the white dragon scale.
    Make shure you have removed all the other items, modifying AC before: Girdle of piercing/ bluntness/ golden girdle, boots of avoidance and shields.

The AC modifiers for both armor types are
    -splint mail: -1 on piercing, 2 on blunt
    -chainmail: -2 vs slashing & +2 on blunt

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I looked through the infinity explorer and found it to be in the chainmail section

7. Tiger Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Thanks guys. Gives my Barbarian something nice to look forward to in about 15 levels.

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

BTW, can Valygar use the white dragon scale armor? His family armor was also discribed as chain in the infinity explorer.

9. TGM Gems: 5/31

No, I think not. His familiy armor is a "special" item, that is the only reason he can wear it. Other ways he can't wear anything greater than Studded leather.

10. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] WRONG. In the first place, I believe Stalkers can wear chain. In any case, I'm quite sure Valygar can wear the White Dragon Scale, as that's precisely what he is wearing in my game.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Well, stalkers aren't supposed to be able to wear more than studded leather, but sure enough Valygar can wear the White Dragon Scale.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It seems both the White and Shadow Dragon Scale armors are considered non-metallic, but the Red Dragon Scale is metallic. My Archer could not wear the Red, but could wear the White and Shadow.

13. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Cernd can wear the White Dragon Scale too, which I found strange, since he shouldn't be able to wear any armour at all.

14. TGM Gems: 5/31

WHOA! Now that is somehting I must see! Cernd wearing a Chainmail? Hohoooo, that will be some boost to that already strong caharacter!
    But this all means that the White Dragon scale is a BUG. Because none of this should happen. Valygar shouldn't be able to wear it, not to mention a Shapeshifter druid.

[This message has been edited by TGM (edited September 28, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by TGM (edited September 28, 2001).]

15. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Makes me wonder if I can use it on a kensai...:grin:

16. TGM Gems: 5/31

EEEK! Now that sounds even more horrid:grin:!!!

17. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

As with the shadow dragon scale armour, a thief can still use all his/her abilities while wearing this. I'm not sure if pure thieves are normally allowed to wear this, but by the time you get it, you'll have the "use-any-item" ability, anyway. This is a great item if you play a dual- or multi-class fighter-thief and tend to involve them in more than just the initial backstab.

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

No, Thiefs can't wear heavier then Studded Leather. For example a cleric/thief or Fighter/Thief can wear Chainmails but then they can't Hide in Shadow's anymore and they get a penalty on the other thief abilities. I suppose this is the same with rangers, with a better Armor they can't hide in shadows.

19. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Is there any chance it could just be scale mail. I haven't played P&P D&D in a longtime but I remember that chain mail shared the same AC as scale mail and splint mail shared the same AC as banded armor (my personal favorite for starting fighters because it gave you a 9 move and 3 AC and only cost 80 gold, which usually left you with enough money for a short bow and a decent sword).

20. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] What???

A shapeshifter wearing the white dragon scale armor? If it is true it's the greatest bug in the game; after Keldorn's family armor of course(which can be worn by a monk if he has the same abilities as Keldorn)

I wonder if monks can wear it????:hmm:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.