1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

which would you like?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by silke, Apr 4, 2003.

1. silke Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

would you prefer if nwn didnt exsist and instead of bioware making nwn , they made bg 3 and so on? and would you prefer if they kept the infinity engine,?

2. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I would really prefer if they would make BG 2 :) and if it would be as good as BG 2,I wouldn't say anything against the infinity engine ;) .

3. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I would really prefer that, IMO nothing in NWN gives me the pleasure the BG series gave.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I prefer that the gaming industry tries to make new games, instead of sticking to the old classics.

5. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, Bioware could have made NWN or any other game, as long it would have been good :) .

Infinite Engine. Everything that is good has to end one day. But they could have made an Engine which would have been better than the Infinite Engine. They didn't :( .

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, it would have been hard making bg3 since the mai character became a god.

7. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't think there's anything wrong with Bioware moving on and making new games instead of just releasing sequals to older games - if the new games are as good as the older games. And NWN isn't. Take away the state of the art graphics and you're left with a dull storyline and tedious gameplay.

Rather than NWN2 I'd much sooner have BG3. And I think the idea of playing with the main character as a God quite interesting. After all, you could pass a decree banning Bioware from ever touching the likes of NWN again...

8. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think all this moaning comes down to the fact that the single player game sucks.

But NWN itself, the toolset, the 3d graphics are pretty good. Just try some of the modules, or play it with a friend who is a good DM and you'll see.

Sure, there's a limit to the location graphics, town scapes, sewers, dungeons, (each new town looks like the last town) etc but good D and D is not about pictures, it's about a good story, and fun NPC's. BG 2 was a winner, not because of the engine or the graphics but because it was the stuff of legends, right Boo? The NPC's were fun, the story was well thought out.

Some of the NWN modules you can get are BG standard.

Stop whingeing about how much better it could be. You have the chance to make your own dungeons. So show me what kind of a DM you are and create some better ones, and stop whining.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm halfway through chapter 2 (I think :D ) and I am enjoying this game sofar. I don't let myself be influenced by the negative comments, which are posted on the Boards a bit more too often than I would like.

BG2 was a masterpiece and I don't expect Bioware to create a game as good. I just want a game that is good enough to play and to my opinion, NWN is. Compared to BG2, everything would be crap. So if you want a game as good, you'll be stuck complaining here for a while. Have fun!

We got BG, BG2 and some expansions. It was about time that Bioware cteated something new! And I'm happy they did. If they want an other BG-alike game, then don't let it be an other sequal. Just create a new game.
    I'm greatly looking forward to see shops stocked with Grayhawk's Temple of Elemental Evil.

So sayeth he who seems to enjoy cRPG's more than anyone else.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I have to qualify my answer. Because the engine I enjoy most depends on what I'm in thhe mood for...

1) I think the Infinity Engine games are great for individual play! BUilding a party, and romping around is a blast!

2) The Aurora Engine for NWN is growing on me. Especially for multiplayer games! I've been playing on the Internet, and recently in ALFA, and the multiplayer aspects are great! PLus, having a dm that can weave a real time adventure is a lot of fun too!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.