1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which NPC would you most like to have as your best friend?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Deathmage, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    As the topic says, what NPC in BG2 and/or ToB would you like to be your best friend? They don't have to be joinable NPCs...

As for me...gee, I don't know really. I'd say Jan, Imoen or Keldorn...

I shudder to think the fate of anyone who would choose Neeber.

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I think Valygar. The two of us are very alike. Hates the goverment as it is, and quiet in the group. Very depressive people the two of us.

Otherwise, Haer' Dalis. I like to play a philosopher.

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've always dreamed of a sister, brother would be great too but with a sister I think the two of us would be perfect, covering all aspects. Or something. So yes, Imoen here as well. Besides I get along with spirited people a lot better than the dull ones. Simply for being a brother, Sarevok would probably come as a second. Sorry, I just can't ditch out the sibling factor.

All things considered though, Imoen would pass easily with her nature, perhaps a second place going to either Jaheira or Valygar, both seeming to be being the sort of introspective sort of reliable and loyal people.

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

As Velve mentioned, I would take Valygar too. He is the most "normal" character in the game. At least IMO.

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Viconia. 3 words: Friends with benefits. Bringin' on that bunny luvvin'. :D :p

Seriously, I would choose Valygar. He just seems like a guy who you can count on to get your back, without being preachy or holding grudges. He'd let you be yourself. Imoen runs a close second.

[ July 11, 2003, 20:00: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

6. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sarevok, because he's so mind blowingly cool. Probably Valgyar (sp?) though.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

[​IMG] Definitely Imoen; she's not a dull too-tight nut-cracker without personality. Having a friend like her would definitely brighten my day :cool:

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Valygar, for the same reasons as everyone else.

Anyone else find it odd that most people seem to be choosing Valyagar here, but he's middle of the pack or lower in the current favorite NPC poll? So basically, we'd want him as a best friend but we wouldn't want to actually do anything with him. :hmm: :D

9. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well I'm gonna be a little weird here and say Aerie. I dunno why, I just really like her, sure she wines alot but look at what she's been through. That's a lotta crap especially for her age. I just really like her personality, plus how many people can say their best friend is a flying elf? :cool:

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    As a "best friend" I would choose Imoen, because she has a funny sense of humor, and she's the kind of person who wouldn't abandon you.

For a "lover friend" I would choose Aerie for the obvious reasons. :love: :rolling:

11. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Jan, Imoen, Solar(heh)
    I would like Amber from EoB2, bu that's another game...

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm surprised nobody chose Firkragg or Kangaxx yet...nobody would dare to mess with you :D

13. Register Gems: 29/31

If we counts lover friends too I choose...

...HAER' DALIS!!!

Actually, no. I choose Viconia, over all else.

14. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I would choose Yoshimo. Of course, he'd have to get rid of that whole geas problem. But without that he's the most charming, easy going, loyal adventurous, *SANE* guy in the place.

Think about it. Minus that one itty bitty problem, which isn't really his fault, wouldn't he be a great friend?

And as far as a lover-friend, from the female perspective, he and Valygar are the only ones who would be worth considering. Keldorn, maybe if he wasn't *soooo* married.

15. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

id have to go with valygar or sarevok, they are my favorites, valygar cuz his personality is the most normal of all of em, and sarevok cuz hes just cool.

16. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

the one and only NEEBER !!!!

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd like all of them to be my friends. But of course, most don't like each other.

hmm... Can we say NPCs from Mods?

18. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I guess I'd like Edwin and Korgan as my male friends. And as for the female relationshipthingie Viconia. Is it so obvious I like evil characters :D ?
    Edwin because he's got such a positive view of life :D . He makes me laugh all the time.
    Korgan because everything is simple when you're around him. Either people like you or you chop of their heads. Ale and chopping, got to love it :D
    Vicci partly because she's the only female character who doesn't annoy me. Imoen, Nalia, Jaheira and Aerie are irritating (Mazzy is okay).
    And partly because she's just really jummy ;) .

19. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    @8people-sure, why not?
    Korgan would be a nice friend...but he'll probably hack me into little chunky pieces if I piss him off. Then again, he'd hack up whoever pisses me off...hopefully...

20. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Imoen would be my best friend (if not my lover).

... and that beholder I keep running into is a nice fella.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.