1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which movie is this?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mesmero, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

A while ago (probably ten years) I saw this movie. I can't remember what it was called, or if it was any good. The last few days, I couldn't stop thinking about this movie and feel an urge to know it's name. I will try to explain what the movie was about.

It is an science fiction movie. There is this man who was the only survivor of a air plane crash, when he was a kid. He remembers that just before the plane crashes, all the passengers looked very weird. When he is older he encounters a similar crash and investigates. He finds out that people from the future take the planes through a time portal and replace all the people who should have died in the crash, with dummies. There is also a woman with very blond hair in the movie, who is from the future. I think the man falls in love with the woman. The movie ends with the words (as far as I can remember): 'Is this the beginning of the end? No, this is the end of the beginning' (or something similar).

This is all I remember from the movie. The info I just gave, might not be correct on all aspects, and hopefully I didn't confuse two movies with each other. I tried searching for it on IMDB, but couldn't find it. If anybody knows this movie, please reply.

2. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Sounds like Langaliers, but I don't think it is.
    I remember seeing the trailer, but can't recall the flick, sorry.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I think it was called Millenium...But I'm guessing. It had Cheryl Ladd and Chris Christofferson in it.

****************** I just looked it up...I'm right! WhooHoo! It's amazing how much random trivia is locked away in my brain! It came out in 1989. ********************

4. Mesmero

Thanks dude, that was the movie I was looking for. I have to see this movie again, let's hope it is available in the video store :good: ... or on the internet :evil:

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bel, you need help ;) Cheryl Ladd? Do you still have her posters up? (I do! :good: )

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Huh, it seems weird that this topic would come up now when Millenium was on the Canadian science fiction network last night. I have never watched more then a couple minutes of the film but it seems that they have it is on the air at least three or four times a year (typically in really bad timeslots) which leads me to believe that it must be fairly cheap.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    It's grossly underrated, in my book. God forbid that a sci-fi film that depends more on a cerebral, well-developed plot than flashy special effects should ever be a commercial success. :rolleyes:

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] @Math - No...It was a the Farrah Fawcett poster. Teehee.

Sadly, the only female posters I had up as a youngster were of Samantha Fox!

9. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hey, can someone help me out too? THis is another sci-fi movie and i don't know how it starts or ends but here is my discription:

A group of people are in this gigantic underground box. Inside the box are cubical rooms, numbering in the thousadns i suppose, but some of the rooms are trapped, whether to sound light or sensors. Not all are but some. Since the rooms are cubical the rooms have rooms on four side and above and below. In the portals to the next room there are numbers on either side of the line, they keep having theories of what the numbers mean but they dont thoroughly figure them out till the end and most the people are killed by booby traps. They also figure out near the end that the boxes move at intervals, i think that also has something to do with the numbers, and when they figure this outthey realize they have been in most of the rooms alrady and are just going in circles.

Thats as far as i remember so if anyone would like to help

10. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

"the cube"

A British film, if I am not mistaken.

11. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You are indeed mistaken - The Cube is a Canadian film. Many of the weirdest films are. :)

Edit: oops, this is Sprite. Darn husband must have logged on using my computer again.

12. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I hate simple titles that are obvious as hell

13. Alaeila Harktree Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, that's always how it is. They make it so simple, and then you can never remember what the hell it was called. Then you find out and it's a :doh: reaction.

14. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Canada, New Zealand, Australia, UK, what's the difference anyway ? :D ;) It was close, anyway and they spoke a strange accent. Thought it was scottish.

15. Mesmero

The movie is actually called Cube, without 'the' in front of it. I love that movie, it is one of my favorites. The first time I saw it, I was on vacation in Florida.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.