1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which mod makes pit fiends spawn with Liches?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Proteus_za, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Does anyone know? I have a whole bunch installed, but I have uninstalled most of the improvements related to creatures. I have three monster and battle mods installed, these are Tactics, Improved Battles and Questpack (but only components of each, ie one or two things from tactics).

Questpack contains a creature and area enhancement option, but I dont have that installed. What do you guys think might make liches get free pit fiends as body guards (actually they usually end up fighting becuase of the pit fiends harmful aura).

2. aih Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

probably from tactics, but not sure

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Yes, tactics mod 'smarter liches/mages' component I think. I have Improved Anvil now and so I had to uninstall that component of tactics. And liches do not spawn fiends in my games any longer. BUT they are still a lot more difficult since they are now as strong as a lvl 25 caster can truly be, with the HLAs and all, thanks to IA.

4. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Hmm, I dont have the smarter mages/liches component installed. I have improved demons though. I'll carry on looking, thanks for the help.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Really? :confused:

I thought improved demons did improve the regular pit fiends in the game, so that they are same as their P&P counterparts, #6 attacks/round, disease slow effect and save vs poison or die (take 999 poison dmg!) and 20 hit dice fireballs (20d6 dmg, save vs spell halves), dispel magic (don't know the exact caster lvl but it sure is strong!) and improved inv (if you are all protected from evil he goes invisible) plus when they are near death they get to summon a fresh pit fiend with full HP and all abilities!

I thought it was smarter mages/liches component which put those 'improved fiends' instant allies of liches. Isn't it in a lich's Tactics-smarter script to gate a PF when they spawn? :hmm:

6. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

that is what happens - as soon as a lich spawns, a pit fiend gates in without any involvement on the liches part. But, as explained below, my weidu is acting up.

I dont know, but my Weidu is acting weird. there is a D0quest pack component called area and creature improvements, and I thought it may have been that so I uninstalled it. but I loaded up a level that I had never been to before, and noticed that mummies still had their gaze of despair. so I ran the setup again, and noticed that it hadnt uninstalled it. so now I'm making it install the boss improvements only (which refers to irenicus and bodhi I think) which would hopefully reverse all other changes. Failing that, I might need to reinstall BGII, which I really really dont want to do.

Edit:

Sigh. Cant uninstall creature and area improvements, which I'm pretty sure are the culprits. so its reinstall time.

Edit 2:
    success! the lich in the city gates didnt come with a free pit fiend. any liches in places I've already visited will still come with pit fiends though, even those that havent actually spawned.

Now I want to work out what caused the D0QuestPack to malfunction...

[ April 09, 2007, 23:17: Message edited by: Proteus_za ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.