1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which game is this?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Shadeybladey, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Shadeybladey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This isn't the same Ruins of Myth Drannor form the early 1990's Eye of the Beholder series, is it?

Funny, I always thought this was called "Sorcerer's Palace"? Only just noticed...

Hmm.

~

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    No, it's a game released 10 years ago by Ubisoft that at first glance looks much like Temple of Elemental Evil as far as the game interface goes.
    Similar to how Baldur's Gate I is slightly more primitive compared to Baldur's Gate II.
    Although a better comparison would be between Neverwinter Nights I and II. Although I like the NWN1 interface better.

I will say this, I like Por2 better than ToEE for the simple fact that I can read the game text without hurting my eyes. The font is just too small in ToEE for me to read it without squinting, so I'm probably never going to get farther than Homlet in ToEE until I get a new computer unless somebody comes up with a patch.

The PoR of this forum is only distantly related to the original Pool of Radiance of Gold Box fame released over 20 years ago. They make a mention to the heros of that game in the beginning, and the Pool from that game and the sequel make an appearance.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The original Pool of Radiance was an old Gold Box game from 1988 (the first decent D&D CRPG) -- this game is somewhat of a sequel to the old Gold Box games. Myth Drannor appeared in two of the follow on Gold Box games as well as an Eye of the Beholder game.

4. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

*hums* What game is thiiiiis, that laid to reeeeest.... :D

Sorry people, really. I do know this is completely off - topic, but I simply could not help myself, as the melody was playing in my head each and every time I saw the title of this thread. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.