1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which class did you enjoy the most?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Stardust, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Which class/kit/multiclass (or whatever!) did you think were the most enjoying to play?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Stalker. I just love the way they play, and not being overpowered makes them more fun.

FMT is the most fun solo, because you can do anything. The true one-man (Or woman. Or elf.) Commando.

3. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Stalkers are very powerful if one knows how to play with them. To backstab with a fighter's THAC0 is excellent. However, since I always have Valygar in my party, I don't usually choose a stalker PC, but I surely recommend it to others who don't usually have Valygar in their party.

As for myself, if we don't consider kit-mods, human Berserker->thief and sorcerer are my favorites. Wild mage is much fun too. Swashbuckler->Mage is also great. You can experience fun with any of them and also with other classes. It all depends on you (your style and how you play the game).

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Blade.

Jack of all trades. Master of, well, all trades. :D

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My most fun character was my half elf-fighter/thief-NE

6. Sorun Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sorcerer

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Elf F/T CG and Halfelf R/C CG.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Fighter/Thief or Thief/Mage

Unstoppable

9. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I had a fighter/thief using staves that was very fun

Also, a Cleric/Fighter using flails was great

I tend to really dislike arcane-caster types

10. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I had the most fun with a regular plain old Monk actually. Weak enough to require a few tricks and clever tactics in the beginning, strong enough to yield immense satisfaction in the end :grin:

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I have to go with the fighter/thief multiclass. And it doesn't even really matter what race. Even dwarves make excellent fighter/thieves. They do get the bonus to constitution, and they get a significant starting bonus to disarming traps, which is always nice at low levels.

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Skald and a Cleric/Thief

The Cleric thief is great when you use Sanctuary to steal, backstab, find/disable traps and general sneaking. I have never played these games with fighting characters. Magic and Sneaking are the most fun for me.

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Which class had the biggest fun-factor for me?

Sorcerer. Like of the idea behind it and the spells give you a flexible way to approach every situation. Summons, direct damage, buffs, or maybe just disabling spells. Nothing like being completely invincible to all damage while dishing out fireballs.

14. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I particularly enjoy the swashbuckler. He's an excellent thief and and excellent fighter/frontliner.

When I'm really feeling whacky, I'll use SK to build a dual class fighter 7 - 11/swashbucklerX. Two Weapon fighting for sure, and typically I'll give this character celestial fury.

15. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

i like;

-fighter/Cleric: i hate having my priest die on me, and not really have a way to revive them, if i die its game over.
    -Blade: good fighter, spells.
    -Paladin: gotta have one of these, otheriwse i cant use carsomyr
    -Berserker: big ass tank, takes the hits and deals out the pain.
    -Cleric/Ranger: cleric spells, driud spells, racial enemy,
    -Swashbuckler, good thief
    -Fighter/mage: mage spells and can wear armor.
    -Cleric/Mage: mage spells and can wear armor

16. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

A nasty bastard Fighter/Mage was the one I had the most satisfying game with.

17. nekrotyrael Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

blade. with hear'dalis in party. and keto.

18. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Gnome Fighter/Illusionist

Half-Elf Fighter/Mage/Thief
    Half-Elf Fighter/Mage/Cleric

19. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I can't be the first to say "Wild Mage" can I? Wow. Hands down, the funnest class. Tried a sorcerer and got bored very early on. Sure, they're powerful but powerful often ends up being boring to me.

20. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Wild mage. For more fun try casting NRD without (Improved) Chaos Shield. I've seen it a dozen times but i still laugh when a cow falls from the sky. :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.