1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which book are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Apeman, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Harkle, that book is actually the first FR book I ever read... :D

It's all right. It has interesting enoyugh twists...

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Harkle, try some Tad Williams stuff. His Otherland series (sci-fi) was good, so I expect his fantasy books to be good as well.

3. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm just about to start in on "Memory" by Lois McMasters Bujold. It's the one book in the Miles Vorkosigan series I haven't read; I'm looking forward to it.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

The Complete Psionics Handbook. I got the book today and I'm sure my next character will be a psionicist. The possibilities...

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Just got back into the Lord of the Rings. I went out and splurged to get the hardback in one volume with art by Alan Lee, very nice stuff...

I really wish I could have the time to read the Unfinished Tales and Silmarillion, I have started but work and uni are keeping me busy.

I did a lot of reading for university about second language acquisition and teaching methodologies. Ahhh.... lemme back at LOTR!

7. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

The First Book of Swords
    Fred Saberhagen

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I am now reading:

1. The Dutch translation of "Stupid White Men ...and other sorry excuses for the State of the Nation"
    2. Also sprach Zarahustra
    3. Java in a Nutshell
    4. Java 2 in 24 hours.

Thats alot ey?

9. Arabwel

Media:
    I'm re-reading Silmarillion in English. *sigh*

I finally can remember all the sons of Feanor!

Maedhros, Maglor, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curunthir, Amrod, Amras.... I could never remember Caranthir :D

One of my fave things to say to people: "What, you can't tell Maeglin from maedhros and Maglor? Or Finwe from Fingolfin, Fingon, FInrod and Finarfin? Or Elros from Elrond and Earendil from Elendil? Poor you!" *gets stoned... with actual rocks*

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm reading "The Angle of Darkness" by Caleb Carr -- he rocks! It's not as good as his first, and for that reason I stopped reading it midway about a year ago. Now I'm trying again, and this time appreciating it for what it is. Pretty nasty stuff, though . . .

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm reading Chasm City by someone who's name I can't be bothered finding out.

12. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Lord Keldin, is it Angle or Angel?

13. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

im re-reading the WoT series... one of my friends bet me $50 i couldnt read it in a month...i WILL get $50 on the 30th

14. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

About Tad Williams -
    I've read The dragonbone chair and it was wonderful. Well, it was quite hard to read it 14 hours a day, provided it has 750 pages. But it was wonderful. I've heard the whole serie has 5000 pages so we shall see if I'm alive by the time I'll finish it.

I also finished Legacy of the drow trilogy and started the next one, but Drizzt seems too black and white to me now. I mean - it did not hurt in Dark elf, because all other characters (the drow) were pretty evil scums there, but Salvatore pushes it too far.

15. Arabwel

Media:
    Hey, I resent that! Zak and Jarlaxle are NOT evil scum! :p

Re-reading Return of the King.

Gah, I am totally sick... I enjoy cross-referencing.

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'm still in the process of reading the 2nd book in the WoT series, Mostly Harmless, and Silmarilian.
    Hopefully I should be able to finish atleast one of them these holidays.

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just finished The World Of Robert Jordand's Wheel Of Time, halfway through Troy Denning's Prism Pentad Book 1. It's only taken half a day so far but damn it's hard to get into.
    Trying to decide whether to go with Eric Van Lustbader or the Ramses series by (IIRC) Christian Jacq next

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just started The Shadow Stone (FR).

19. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Went to the bookstore on saturday and bought Dragonlance Dragons of the winter twilight. Sunday noon was finished :( .Awesome book awesome trilogy so far :cool:

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Finally finished "A game of Thrones" by George RR Martin. Very very very good book, I enjoyed it far more than LOTR.

Now reading "Clash of Kings", second book in the "song of fire and ice" series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.