1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where to put 92 points?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I rolled up a 92 point gnome illusionist and I'm not sure where to put the last 9 points. So far I have them set at:

str 11
    dex 18
    con 16
    int 19
    wis 10
    cha 18

Should I leave them as is or put more into str so he can carry stuff? Or should I switch wis and cha so he has a good save bonus?

He wont be my main character so I don't need the 18 cha right?

I've thought about making him have a different kit but not sure which. Or maybe a thief/mage?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

What's best depends on the rest of your party. What's your main character and what are the other characters you create ?

- who is your merchant ? Do you have someone else with high cha who can cast friends at himself ?
    - 18 con instead of 14-17 con gives a +1 bonus to two saving throws, more useful than maxing wis
    - illusionist is a fine kit and the only one available to gnomes
    - in a big party specialized characters are more fun and offer more than multiclass jack of all trades.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Even if he was your main character, you wouldn't need Cha 18. That's what the ring is for.

4. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Strength~ Spare weights are never wasted.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Did they fix the bonus to saves from WIS in the EEs? I thought it never actually worked as per the rules?

Otherwise, boost STR, though extra WIS does give better options with the wish and limited wish spells.

For better wish options, I'd make it something like:
    STR 18
    DEX 18
    CON 16
    INT 19
    WIS 15
    CHA 15

6. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I only have 92 points not 101 henkie :1eye:

With the wish spell needing/wanting a high wisdom, will drinking a wis potion work?

kmonster right now my party will consists of:

me = stalker will dual to a cleric trying to decide if I want him to be a cleric/stalker or a stalker - cleric
    mazzy
    jaheira
    yoshimo
    valygar

the illusionist (maybe a dif kit through EEkeeper?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I didn't calculate, and from the way you phrased it, I thought you had an additional 9 points on top of the stats that you mentioned, but I guess I understood it wrong :)

Wish only looks at the base stat. It used to be that you could summon the genie, then talk to him with another character (with high WIS, preferably), but they fixed that in one of the fixpacks, so I'm assuming they fixed it in EE as well.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Ah yes. My mistake. Sorry henkie :1eye:

str 18
    dex 18
    con 16
    int 19
    wis 11
    cha 10

Going to use EEkeeper to turn him into a wild mage instead of the illusionist. Wild mages are fun fun fun :banana:
    I love it when I get a wild surge that gates in a demon :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  9. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

I see no reason why drinking a potion for the wish spell shouldn't work. I wouldn't bother anyway, the spell isn't fun.

10. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Well instead of making my own illusionist I gave the stats to Jan. I just love that little guy :D
    I'm not sure if I also want to leave him as a thief/illusionist or change him to a thief/wild mage? Wild mage just seems like it would fit better.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.