1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is the man in red??(graveyard quest)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by PizzaFiend, Oct 14, 2000.

1. PizzaFiend Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Got the scrap of red cloth from the graveyard kidnapper. Where is the man in red?
    Got it a while ago, so im kinda fuzzy on the details.....

2. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

towards the south area of the bridge district staring out to sea

[This message has been edited by homesick-alien (edited October 15, 2000).]

3. raptorrip Gems: 1/31

Got any more details cause I cant find him

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

There are wooden stairs that lead down to the docks where you can find a few pirates and two ogres who fight each other by the water.

Before you head down these wooden stairs the very man you seek can be found to the left side wearing a red robe.

You must arrive at night to find him.

Syl...

5. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

That's not how I remember it Sylvus. It's behind a couple of those houses to the right (south in bridge area). And you don't have to go there at night.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yup, I went there in broad daylight and he was there. Took me an hour to find him though. Heh.
    But once you spot him, he's unmistakable. Someone at Bioware really loves red. :p

7. raptorrip Gems: 1/31

I still aint found the mofo

8. cirrostratus Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] He is between the two most southern houses, facing the sea. One of the houses has a closed door. After several hours, I noticed that he isn`t there every day, so do your other quests and return there sometimes.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    You can find the houses easily when you send out you thief or cleric searching for traps.
    In the neighbour house there are two trapped doors with two funny little quests behind. Just take care that you have a roughestone in your luggage when you enter, you´ll need it :D

10. raptorrip Gems: 1/31

Man that guy in there kicks my ass

11. Ragusa

Media:
    Yep. There are TWO doors with TWO quests :) Have you tried the door to the waterside too? Good fun :D

And don´t forget the roughestone...

12. raptorrip Gems: 1/31

I dont think my guys are on the right level for this guy, he has killed me everytime.

13. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Fighting the liches and the twisted-rune are probably some of the hardest fights in BG-II :D

14. raptorrip Gems: 1/31

Got any strategies for a newbie still on Chapter 2??

15. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Leave'em for later!

16. Ragusa

Media:
    Yep, really good Idea - depends on how many quests you´d like to do in chap-2, but after going through the underdark you´ll be far better equippped for them.
    I found twisted rune accidentally while playing a thief and looting the bridge area :D
    I came to that door, disarmed the trap (ignoring the text on the screen), entered and found me in this room with no way out but to kill the nasties in there. I was a level 10 lvl-6 fighter/ lvl-10 thief then and my party simply greyed out in a minute :D

17. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

whats a roughestone?

18. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

They mean a Roguestone...it's that funky rainbow coloured stone.

19. Ragusa

Media:
    :D Hoo häs äver carret forr ortografy, hehe? :D

20. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ragusa............WTF?????

Going back to the origional topic, I noticed that the man in red won't appear unless you've talked to the gravekeeper. So if you've been looking for him and still haven't found him I suggest you talk the th grave keeper...he's the guy in the top right corner of the Graveyard District (looks like a begger)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.