1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where Do You Plug SP?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] This was inspired by Eze's comment that she'll be talking SP up at RopeCON.

Does anyone here ever plug Sorcerer's Place, and if so, where?

Personally, I have a few old D&D buddies that play BG and NWN, so I've pointed them here for walkthroughs and other information. I also told them they get a deal on books if they buy through here ... not sure if they believe me but it was worth a shot.

Now that I'm in ALFA I'll mention that Rem (bel) just posted what happened during such and such a night, and tell them to look here. The FR here gets good nibbles too.

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

By 'plugging' you mean promoting, right?

I told a friend of mine about this site, when he needed a walkthrough. He thought the site looked nice, but he had another adress for all his walkthroughs.

Besides that, I think I never linked to this site. I thought about placing a SP banner in my signature on the ALFA boards, but didn't know if it is allowed there. Maybe I'll just put it there, and see if any of the mods complain about it (and if Tal agrees with me placing that banner, of course).

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I've mentioned SP to one cousin and a few friends, but few others. There aren't many people in my RL who are aware just how deep my geek tendencies run...

I hope we can get a PnP group going after we move. *MY* "Roleplaying Blues" consist of serious withdrawal...

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I don't plug anything. I've seen people on other boards get flamed for advertising with a banner, or sometimes even a link.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Its not in my sig or anything, but when people need info, this is the first place I point them.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I dont have any website or anything.
    But if any one asks for help with D&Ds I give them this address. There are a few converts to D&D now but none are as fanatical about the few games that I have. Diablo actually counts as a middle age FPS here. So you know what Im up against.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Since SP is the only website I visit, I don't get much of an opportunity to plug.
    I could give you all the link to the BoM, but somehow I got the idea you already have it...

When I'm at work in the shop, though, and people happen to ask me about cRPG's, fantasybooks, D&D, or anything, the first thing I tell them about is SP and BoM. And I make sure that's the best info they've ever had.

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

if someone is having trouble with an infinity engine game i send em straight to here... if i cant help them myself. :yot: Id rather do it myself that way they have to think to finish the game instead of read. I dont do any thing but give hints

[ August 06, 2003, 09:29: Message edited by: LoS_DrIzZt4 ]

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've plugged it on RDINN before, but that's about it.

10. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I do, whenever any of my friends have trouble with any of the games covered here. The problam is, only one of my friends plays them, one of them dosn't have high speed and is really impatient, and the rest, well, they really wouldn't care.

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm making a website right now,(private of course :D ) and I will certainly put up a link to SP on it. It's the least thing I can do :D

12. Duryn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am adding to and perfecting my site right now, but it is definitely going to have a link here.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I "plug" Sp o everyone even remotely interested. Mailing lists, other forums, RL buddies, people I meet in chatrooms.... just about everyone who ccould be even remotely interested.

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I've really only told two people about SP. One of my friends who is sort of interested in the BGs and one of my sisters friends who is an RPG fanatic.

15. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Whenever it comes to a discussion of fantasy games, fantasy books, quality of a chat-forum, maturity of content and people, or the board I hang out at much.

So far, 1 of my friends just browses through this place from time to time, but he hasn't still registered. Another registered just a while back at the same time he started on BG1 + ToSC & BG2 + ToB. Third only comments on the vanity of me being here, but that's more of an insider.

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I tell anyone who's into the sort of stuff we discuss here :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.