1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where do you find Rufie? Where is Brage?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Edwin, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Edwin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] About the boy who is looking for his dog, Rufie? Where is he? I have the chew toy and can't find him. Also, I forgot which map to find Brage in. I just started up after 4 years of not playing and can't find him. I want the 6000 GP!

2. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Rufie's on the east side of the same screen the boy is if I remember correctly (though it has been a while). As for Brage I ALWAYS forget where he is. West of the city I think, but I'm sure sure.

3. Philonious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

GameBanshee has an excellent walkthrough for all the areas in all the IE games. They tell you where everything is on each map (though they do miss some stuff). Quite helpful, I typically explore on my own, then check the site so that I'm not missing anything...

That being said Brage is on the Coast, I think one screen west of Drizzt. <edit spelling>

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Brage is found two maps above the gnoll stronghold.

5. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Rufie is just a few screens to the right of the kid, next to a river.

And Brage... Who's he??? :confused: 5 years does not make it easy to remember... :rolleyes:

6. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

He's the crazy guard captain in NAshkel that went off and killed his family.

7. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Right... :idea: He's the guy with the +3 Berserker sword, correct?

8. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Yep, it´s him allright.

9. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Isn't is 5,000 you get for bringing Brage to justice?

10. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

that is correct.

11. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

And dont forget, you dont have to kill him to get his sword.
    You´ll get it even if you answer his question correctly and bring him to justice.

So I dont see any reason to kill him.

12. david w Gems: 19/31

I wouldn't bother with the sword anyway. It might be +3 but the fact that it makes the wielder go berserk while carrying it makes them more of a liability in a fight than a bonus.

13. Edwin Gems: 3/31

OK, I just prefer the whole "good triumphing over evil" idea. I'll just kill Brage like I did before. I don't JUST want the sword!

14. david w Gems: 19/31

If you kill him you miss out on the gold and XP bonus you get for bringing him to justice.

15. cadderly Gems: 5/31

hey, do you get more exp for killing him or turning him in, and you still get gold for killing him right, because of his holy symbol?

16. david w Gems: 19/31

I think you're confusing Brage with the cleric guy (Brasilus?) who has the holy symbol.

You only get gold for Brage if you bring him to justice, not for killing him. And while you get XP for killing him, it's not as much as you get for turning him in.

17. cadderly Gems: 5/31

well i thought that since both bassilus and the guy in the mines have holy symbols why can't the captain of the guard, oh yah mulahey was the guy in the mines by the way, anyways so i just thought if you killed him he would give you proof of who he was like a holy symbol or something.

18. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Nope, he doesn´t drop anything like that.
    You get 5000 gp and 1000 xp for turning him in.
    I haven´t killed him in a while but Swordcoast Keeper says you get 1400 xp for killing him.

Although, 5000 gp is worth more than 400 xp if you ask me. Just travel to the cloakwood mines and you´ll be amushed and gain between 3250 and 4000 xp or so.
    (It´s either 5 Ettercaps or 2 wyverns and 2 giant spiders IIRC)

19. Edwin Gems: 3/31

Ouch I can understand 5 etter caps (they're easy to beat) but two wyverns?! With the mission pack I can only handle one.

20. Drizzt the Drow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Rufie is somewhere north-east of the boy. If you don't have Albert's chew toy he'll attack you. After you bring Rufie to Albert guess what He REALLY is.

Brage is in the map with the bunch of diggers and the Doomsayer. It is somewhere west. You'll know if it is the right place if there is a raided caravan.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.