1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where did the Bhaalspawn abilities go?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Maldir, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

OK, I've now defeated Melissan and my Ranger has turned down godhood (couldn't leave Jaheira, y'know :)), and I've been wondering about the Bhaalspawn abilities I lost when Irenicus took my soul. I know Bioware were going to put in some higher level abilities, but I had expected to regain the abilities when I got my soul back after killing Irenicus. I wondered if I lost them in raising Sarevok, but they aren't there even before you do that. Of course, they're low level abilities that you don't really need, but still... speculation, anyone?

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well you kost them when Jonny took your soul as you said but you gained the ability change into the Slayer which is an avatar of Bhaal. So maybe your Bhaal essence was channeled that way instead of some lame cure light wounds.

3. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Maybe cure light wounds is pointless, but draw apon holy might and slow poison have definate uses.

4. Mirkwood Guest

Your original bhaalspawn abilities are gone forever but in ToB Bioware added some new ones you could gain after each challenge. Apparently they removed them because it would be too 'confusing' or somthing. Anyway, you can download a patch which will re-enable them...
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors2.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  5. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Thanks, they look interesting - I'll have to use them on my next party. At first glance they seem to be improved versions of the BGII - SoA Bhaalspawn powers. Maybe that would reflect regaining the powers in the Pocket Plane, closer to your father's source of power, rather than in the mortal world.

6. Satanatron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Since we are on the topic of the Bhaal Spawn
    Quest abilities, does anyone know what the "Hand of Murder" ability does? I am aware that improved Balthazar uses the hand of murder ability but I still have no idea what it does.... anyone out there know know?

(why the hell an I sissy watcher.. I WANNA BE IRENICUS DAMMIT!)

[This message has been edited by Satanatron (edited November 14, 2001).]

7. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

Here it is, from readme with download.

Hand of Murder (Necromancy)
    Range: Caster
    Duration: 1 rounds/5 levels
    Casting Time: 1
    Saving Throw: none

When this power is called upon by the Bhaalspawn, they immediately do extra damage with each hit to their target with any melee weapon they wish (whether it be fist or sword), their dark energies travelling through their weapon and assaulting their victim...and absorb that damage as healing to themselves.
    The effects vary by level as follows:
    10th: 2 rounds, 4 hp extra damage, 4 hp healed
    15th: 3 rounds, 6 hp extra damage, 6 hp healed
    20th: 4 rounds, 8 hp extra damage, 8 hp healed
    25th: 5 rounds, 10 hp extra damage, 10 hp healed
    30th: 6 rounds, 12 hp extra damage, 12 hp healed

Cheers,

WittyNewt

[This message has been edited by wittynewt (edited November 14, 2001).]

8. Satanatron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thanx Witty, your a legend...

me on the other hand.. well mabey I should just read the bleeing read me next time!

S

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.