1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where did Jan go to??

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Amdis, May 31, 2008.

1. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

[​IMG] 3 days a go i started a new game with a Elven Sorcerer, and i installed 2 NPC mods to get some fresh faces into the group. The 2 npc's that are now part of my group are Auren Aseph and Saerileth(version 13).

Now to the somewhat unlucky problem at the moment. I hat just finished the Planar Sphere quest and went outside, there Jan got the warning that a little girl hat gotten sick and he needed to get home. But before i could do anything Saerileth's dialoque came up:

She warned that the devil came, and some creature abducted her from the group and took her to hell. Then Lord Edorem appeared and the rescue mission began.

In the place i was taken Jan said he realy needed to get home to help the girl, but i wanted Saerileth back so i let him go. He said he would be waiting at his home in the slums, but he is not there? Could this have been caused by the group being in the place where Lord Edorem took us?

Meaning that..could it be that the game engine didn't recognized the place and Jan is gone forever now? If so then..dagnabbit, means my group is without a thief. I do not want Yoshimo in my group, and neither do i want Nalia, simply because as a thief she sucks. Man i should have downloaded and installed Amber aswell...AAAHHHH. :o

Is there maybe a console command to get him back?(I am pretty sure there isn't one but hey i can always ask right. :D )

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I doubt that the area would have caused the problem- it isn't as if the is a chance Jan will get attacked or lost on the way back, so there would have been no need for the game designers to make a check as to where he leaves you. As far as I am aware, all that happens is he leaves the area and spawns back at home. I'm not sure why he isn't appearing.

When was your last save (before the leaving talk)?

There will likely be a console command to create Jan, but I am not sure what it is. He also won't have any of the stuff he had when he left if you did use the console to spawn him. Reverting to a previous save is the best bet, IMO.

3. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

He will appear in his house within five days, but this is not a good ending for the plot because you have not helped him. What I recommend is to reload the game to a saved game before exiting the planar sphere. If the same thing happened again, keep Jan in party and tell him that you will go with him to help. He will give you some time to sort out the other NPC's problem before complaining about the delay.

4. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

Decados: Jan never hat anything importend on him, just a few lightning bolts and a studded leather armor.

Sikret: The problem with reloading is that i made a very stuppid mistake, and only used quick save inside the planar Sphere. So i can not reload a savegame anymore where he was still part of the group.(I could slap myself around a couple of times for a stuppid mistake like that. :o )

Man now my only hope is that after waiting for 5 days he will appear at his home again, otherwise i'm going to start over and then find and install a NPC Thief mod, darnit stupid..stupid me.

--

Well unfortunately Jan somehow didn't appear not even after 5 days. :( So i restarted with my Sorcerer, and this time i am using Amber as the thief in the group, i will see what she has to offer. :D

Still thanks for all the help Decados and Sikret. :cool:

[Please don't make consecutive posts less than 24 hours apart but rather edit the first post to add new information. Thanks. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No problem. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.