1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where can I find a diamond? And check this bug...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Forashi, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Forashi Guest

First of all, I'd really like to know where I can find a diamond for the dwarven smith to make a new armor (in chapter 1 of course). I'd also like to know what he means by a "magical armor with total ac 6"? Any scale, half-plate, or other magical armor that just has a total ac of 6 will do?

Btw, when you go to the zoo and talk to those animals for saving them, did you notice the panther that usually gets stuck when you first talk to him? Well turns out you can talk to him as many time as you want, and every time you get the 19exp. So by just clicking on him with mouse, then pressing "1", then clicking again... you can get an infinite amount of exps. I tried it with my pally and jumped from lvl 6 to 8 in a matter of but a few minutes. Of course I loaded afterwards but this is something to notice nevertheless.

Any info on when the Aurora bug will be fixed? I'm not too inclined to start working on a new mod before I can be sure my hours worth of work won't go down the drain with a corrupted file.

[This message has been edited by Forashi (edited July 11, 2002).]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I found a diamond (the only one thus far) in a trapped chest in a small room in the pirate tavern basement, next to the room with the pirate's girlfriend.

The Aurora bug has been fixed. Check the front page of SP.

3. Might be :yot: (finally got to use that one) but it seems that my movies does actually run better with the new patch installed..

4. Forashi Guest

What? I just was there and I pretty much have a habit of searching stuff thoroughly when I do so. Well I'll have to check again. Thanks!

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, most treasure is random, so it could be that you got something else there...

6. Forashi Guest

I'd guess though that a diamond is a rare type of item in the same way as adamantium. So it'd have to be found somewhere in chapter 1. I'm just finishing the Yuan-Ti, if I don't get it by then I guess I'll just have to make do with a regular armor.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I never found a diamond until Chapter 2, so hopefully your luck is better than mine. Hopefully that bug gets fixed in the patch next week, as that is utter cheese.

8. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] had a nice bug yesterday, found a diamond in chapter 3, then later on i noticed that the diamond multiplied...suddendly i had 6 of them in my inventory...n1 :D

9. Rael Elrohim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Diamonds - like adamantite - dont crop up randomly, that I have found, they are placed, in very very hard to reach places. I found a diamond in the same chest mentioned above - two traps if i remember rightly, the chest and the floor around it.

All you need is the correct total ac, physical and magical, the type of armour is irrelevant. Although I wouldn't recommend the daimond armour (Chromatic breastplate) try the ac 3 armour and a gargoyle skull and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. If you can find one, that is, there is one in chapter 1, although i forget where specifically.

10. Forashi Guest

Yeah well I found the diamond after which I moved on to chapter 2 already so no use searching for the gargoyle skull. It was in the chest Tal mentioned. Just that the chest was surrounded by a spiketrap doing near 100 points of damage. This time my pally was able to take it on though. I have a principle of not switching to another henchman just because the current one won't satisfy my needs, as it happens to hinder the roleplaying in it.

The chromatic breastplate really does suck. All the trouble for nothing but a ~2000g worth of armor. In chapter 2 I bought a mithral armor anyway so now I have total plate AC +10. What *do* you get with the lighter armor and gargoyle skull?

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

There's ALWAYS a diamond in the bloodsailor hideout. It's a chest in the room where you fight the first or second Luitenant.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

To deal with the trap if you are not a fighter type, try casting stoneskin first. I was actually able to survive it then (only took six damage).

13. void Guest

Yeah, I've found diaomonds, fairy dust, adamantine etc. in the same places quite a few times now (they've never failed to be there...yet :D ).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.