1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's Your Favorite Thing That You Have Added?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord of Darkness, May 22, 2003.

1. Lord of Darkness Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

my favoirte addon is The Darkest day, whats ure ? past url if u have...

[Please read the forum rules and FAQ as you were asked to when you registered. It is required to spell out words like "you" and "your", especially in topic titles - BTA]

[ May 22, 2003, 18:07: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

All of these can be found on SP:

Solaufein/Tactics Mod (Weimer)
    Ascension (Gaider/Weimer)
    Flirt Packs (FW)
    And of course, my own stuff (not all released yet) :) .

3. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I only play with Knight's Kits. He transformed the whole game in something that follows the 2nd Edition AD&D-Rules. He altered classes and kits, added a whole lot of kits (something around 30 or so). He added also new kinds of weapon and altered some of the existing ones. A tremendous amount of work, but its only in german.

Here is the Link (if anyone cares).

[ June 10, 2003, 21:36: Message edited by: Fabius Maximus ]

4. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ease of Use mod. Takes away the potion stacking limitation which blows. If you have the strength to carry 25 healing potions, you should be able to put then in the same stinking slot.

Tatics Mod. Beefs up just about ever monster in the game. Definately makes the game harder as just about everything is casting some kind of spell at you (undead especially).

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

I just imagined the PC dropping his pants because 75 healing potions were to heavy for his belt. :D
    A lot of things in Ease of Use are frankly ridiculous.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The only add-ons I've put in my game are my own ones. Most in various stages of completion.

That way if the game buggers up this time I know it's my own fault.

My favourite? Dragon Lore MOD, A council of all the different types of dragon. I'm also considering putting the white dragon from IWD into it. Be useful for future plans.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My faves I have right now:
    Ease of Use (love this one)
    Dungeon-Be-Gone (essential for veteran players)
    Freedom's Reign
    Reign of Virtue
    Ascension
    Item Upgrade (this one rules)
    Forgotten Wars Item Pack

Other Mods I've tried:
    The Darkest Day (just aweful. Too many/crappy/overpowered kits, pointless quests, etc.)
    Kelsey (not bad, but not incredible either)
    Various custom kits available here at SP (all are pretty cool)

I really want to try Tashia, but I can't seem to find an active link through which to download her. I've also downloaded the Flirtpacks but have yet to try them out.

@ Fabius

Here's my stance on Ease of Use.

I agree it is a bit ridiculous, but the purpose of the EoU mod is to free you from the burdens of inventory micromanagement and let you concentrate on what's really fun - playing the game. Take an Archer for example. Your average Archer has about 4 shots per round. In just 1 battle that lasts 10 rounds, he's used up one full quarrel of arrows. So for longer quests, where you don't want to be returning constantly for ammo, this is a major plus. I don't know about you, but I'd rather use my inventory for something other than arrows. Just by swinging into Ribalds, spending 16 gold and buying 1 stack of 640 arrows, you're pretty much good to go for every creature in the game that doesn't have a + requirement. That is, or course, until you reach a certain Keep where you pick up a certain item that ends in "Plenty." ;) But that's another forum.

Besides, the beauty of EoU (an most of Weimer's mods) is that it's not a package deal. If there are certain aspects of the mod you don't like (evidently potion stacking doesn't tickle your fancy), then you have the option to leave it out. I left out the concurrent Romances hack and the stop alignment conflict hack out for roleplaying reasons, because I'm not all that interested in having a lesbian romp with Jahiera or forcing Keldorn and Vicki to just get along. I did, however, want 6000 arrows. :thumb:

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

@Death: If you put it like that I can understand. Although I cannot suffer from the ammo depletion, because the archer in Knight's Add-On is not as powerful (=fast) as the standard archer. ;)

9. Bassilus Banned

I wouldn't know, as I don't put mods in my game, due to the fact that I can beat it WITHOUT cheap things.

To those few who only use extra quests etc., I'd still like info on portraits.

10. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Abazigal is laying some bait I guess.

Try the Solafein Mod. It makes the more difficult, not easier ya goober. :)

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Abazigal

Well, aren't you just a badass! What a profound statement. You're not the only one who prefers to go mod-free. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of us who do use mods do so because we've beaten the normal game already, several times over, and are looking for a new and interesting way to play (most mods make the game HARDER, I might add). Everyone knows modding the original game ruins it for you if you've never played it through, so don't act like you're in an elite class here.

2 cents worth of free advice: Your little attitude isn't going to make you many friends around here. You may be good, but I'd be willing to bet there are about a dozen veterans here at SP who could take you TO SCHOOL. So show a little respect. You've only been posting here for what, a week? Stop acting like you own the place.

Speaking of which, shouldn't you be answering all those questions you demanded in your "Ask Abazigal" threads instead of stooping to the likes of us lowly mod-lovers? :shake: :lol:

[edit: Changing your name won't help either, Yaga. :lol: ]

@ Everyone else

I've noticed no one has said anything about the "Tortured Souls" mod, where apparantly Yoshimo is redeemed and becomes a good guy, and you travel to Kara Tur with a Kensai/Mage named Kachico. Anyone know if it's worth installing?

How about 'Shadows Over Soubar" or "Battle at the Deep?" Anyone?

[ June 07, 2003, 00:08: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

12. Wray Vitki Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

These guys are right. To think that every single mod out there makes the game easier is simply an unresearched statement that has no foundation. While some mods make the game easier, there are many really great mods that make it more difficult.

Consult "Myrddyn's Gaming Theory of Cheating". It states that

'There is a profound and interesting physchological effect on players who cheat. Players who cheat tend to not enjoy games nearly as much, tend not to finish as high of a percentage of games as non-cheaters, and, tend to not remember nearly as much of the characters, storyline, or gameplay. It appears furthermore, that, with each incidence of cheating in a game, the player becomes decreasingly likely to ever finish the game"

So, what was the point of all that? Players who use mods that make the game really easy won't enjoy the game as much, and therefore will probably not continue to play it. On the other hand, mods that make the game more challenging will probably make the players like the game more.

I have long since forgotten the original intent of my post, so I will just stop ranting now. :D

13. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Lol, mods make things easier? Try improved Illyich without using yoshimo on insane (a mod only battle). This is by far the most difficult Bg2 battle in the entire BG2 world all mods included.

Actually just about everything in the tactics mod makes the game a lot more fun. Random dragon spawns, city encounters with liches and assasins with 7x backstabs and, my personal favorite from this mod, the crazy kensai, are fun as hell.

Edit: Sorry one more thing, does anyone still find dragons to be pathetic even with tactics. The lair dragons (not random spawns those are hard) should be the most powerful opponents in the game, but they are wimps! Are there any mods to beef em up past what tactics did, I was still able to beat the shadow dragon with a party right out of chatue Irenicus.

I found battle of the deep to be idiotic, with easy as hell quests and the final battle slowing my computer down to a crawl (even with my decent specs). Soubar is pretty cool and adds a few tough battles, but can be buggy. Ive never heard of tortured souls, show me the link.

[ToB content removed.] -Tal

[ June 08, 2003, 12:40: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Romance mods- beats walking around in silence.
    plus, I get lonely.....

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31

StrifeStrike, how does this sound?

Firkraag gets a special summon dragon spell and uses it. He also starts out the battle with a spell trap, immunity necromancy, invocation, abjuration, stoneskin. He gets a second wind at half-health where he casts absolute immunity, immunity divination, and mislead. As soon as your fighters get close to him, he fires off 3 Horrid Wilting spells in a chain contingency.

He also maintains his already impressive abilities from the tactics mod.

Since you asked for it, maybe I'll give you that mod. You're the only person I've ever seen that thought that mod was too easy.

16. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Im practically salivating, I can already think of 2 party prep strats off the top of my head? His abi's have only regular game range though? I found it incredibly cool how they gave firkragg 500 range for his fire attack. When i first tried that battle on tactics boy was I surprised when 3 of the members of my party were turned into chunks :) . But pierce, fire protection, lower and magic missle make this battle easy past chapter 6. Now in chapter 2, it requires some skill... You need a whole gallon load of micro plus direct damage plus fire protection (by far the most important aspect of this battle). Rastor, his abi chain isnt so good because you can use a char with pro magic or spell immunity to counter a full contingency. Still that sounds really cool, show me the link!

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    @Death Rabbit: You can find the Tashia mod by simply looking up "Tashia" on Yahoo. That's how I found it.

Anyway, back to the topic: I really like Dungeon-be-Gone and the Flirt Packs. Kelsey's pretty good too.

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31

StrifeStrike, I haven't made it yet, so you'll have to wait until my custom NPC and quest mods are finished. (Give me a month or two).

Hmm, I could make it so that Firkraag would not target the Abi chain on a character with more than 50 resistance to magic damage or a Protection from Magic.

Firkraag only has 350 range on his breath attack, but that still covers the entire area, so that makes little difference.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  20. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Tal - if you're referring to me, at the time I asked the question that site was inaccessable for some reason and had been for about a week prior. It's now working fine though. That's why I asked. Just downloaded Tashia today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.