1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Whats your favorite multiclassed solo character...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Istari of Thay, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Istari of Thay Banned

[​IMG] I'm thinkin of starting solo...

So I was wondering what other RPG's opinion was...

:confused:

[ February 09, 2003, 16:12: Message edited by: Istari of Thay ]

2. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The main problem in the game is the healing in battle. So something cleric type... Also you'll need one tough tanker, who could handle in battle with lotta health points. I think that one mix between Fighter(3x)/Barbarian(2x)/Cleric(x), with emphasis on the Fighter you could beat up the game. Low as much as possible difficulty, because the game is difficult even without it...

I am not so sure that it will work - but I think that it will be quite useful... In IWD 1, you could easily beat up the game with only one Dwarven Fighter/Cleric that in the end will beat the enemies with a puff. In IWD 2, playing with less than 4 or 3 you are pushing it... Good luck with the game, however... :)

3. Istari of Thay Banned

Thanks,

I'll try it out...

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Multiclassing? Really, you don't need multiclassing to take on solo. A pure cleric or sorcerer and take on solo anytime. But if multiclassing solo you want, instead of solo, do you consider paladin 1/ sorcerer X a valid option?

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Isn't there a topic like this already? :hmm:
    Nevermind, if you really have to multiclass, go for a Sorcerer/Cleric.

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

This must be at least the 10th Solo Thread we've got going. And it usually boils down to Aasimar Pal/Sorc.

So I'll be revolutionary, and say Drow Paladin2/Sorcerer1.

Why? Drow get spellresistance, which is mucho usefull, especially if you get the Avenger Sword which grants another 15% SR. :) Believe me, once you can decently in levels, there are few spells that get past the SR, and then also pass on your SavingThrow.

2 Paladin levels for the added Savingthrows, Divine Health (immunity to diseases) and Aura of Courage. Never fall to fear effects again.

Now please let this be the last Solo thread for the next 3 months. :grin:

7. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Here's a New Idea for ya..

i have made a solo character, and have been going through IWD2 pretty easily. A Human Fighter, with emphasis on Str and Int to start, extra went to dex/con.

The reason i say Boost the Int, simple.. more skillz.. If you have the skillz, you can hide, you can steal, you can do the extra wilderness lore, etc..

I have a pure fighter (Lvl 29) that can pick locks and hide in shadows better than a good chunk of rogue's i've seen..

I Have some equip to increase fire, cold and Magic resist, also got some regen. That covers blocking a good chunk of magical damage. And then alot of enemies drop potions (If you kill them fast enough..) So that kept him healed..

He is already level 29, and is on his way through the magma chamber..

Just my current.. might help you..

8. Istari of Thay Banned

Thanks Kabuki Man I'll try it out... :D

9. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Deep Gnome Monk. Huge Spell resistances and great AC if you max-min stats. Who cares about items and rewards, you are soloing right?

10. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I agree with Khazraj Deep Gnome Monk rules as single characted :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.