1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's usually on your plate?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Breakfast during the Weekdays: Yogurt, often fruit flavored.

Breakfast during the Weekends: I have a few recipes for things like omelettes, french toast, and pancakes.

Lunch during the Weekdays: Fruit salad with some coconut milk.

Lunch during the Weekends: Either a fish dish or a pasta dish with either seafood or a meat sauce.

Dinner during the Weekdays: I rotate a few vegetarian and seafood cookbooks, including various salads, soups, pasta dishes, pilafs, bean dishes, fish, etc. The recipes often gravitate towards Mediterranean, Asian, and Indian styles.

Dinner during the Weekends: Here is where I tend to save my meat eating. Again, I often prefer Asian or Italian, but good ol' English and American recipes can be good too if done sparingly.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can only say the last few days...

Breakfast - a muffin, a yoghurt and a cup of tea

Lunch - A sandwich, or a jacket potato with cheese and beans

Tea - a pizza or some such

I tend to just 'eat what I catch', as they say around here. I'm not a big 'mealy' person, unless it's in a restaurant or I've gone around my mums! So I tend to just eat whatever I can get, food in my flat tends to be 'grabby' food requiring little if any preparation.

I should really cook more. It just seems pointless and time-consuming when I'm single.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    In the morning, two slices of bread (real bread; I am NOT talking about toast) with cheese or cold cuts or curd, with a tad butter or the like. To that a mug of strong coffee and most of the time a glass of fresh orange juice.

I usually eat lunch in a restaurant near my workplace and I tend to eat some warm meal there, or on warm days, something light, like Carpaccio or Vitello Tonnato.

After cycling home, I like to have a cold buttermilk.

In the evening it's usually a yoghurt and two more slices of bread with cheese or cold cuts or curd.

I ought to eat more vegetables and drink more water. Also, I ought to cook more myself, which I love, but to my chagrin have little time or opportunity to.

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Breakfast: Depends if I'm going to train in the morning or not. If I am then I only drink a protein milkshake before training and afterwards. If I'm not going to train I eat cotton cheese and/or yoghurt accompanies with a glass of milk.

Lunch: In a student restaurant whichever seems to have the best menu. The food I make for myself varies quite a bit. I try to go with low carb alternatives but never the less use pasta quite often. I make different kinds of woks quite often with chicken or pork.

In the evening I usually eat similar stuff as I do in the morning. Between I also tend to eat various vegetables/fruits as snacks such as cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, salads etc.

EDIT: As some might notice I'm on a sort of low carb diet in that I don't eat bread. I still use pasta though and occasionally potatoes so I'm not overly strict with it since I'm not in any need to lose weight.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

All the stuff that shouldn't be :( Pasta dishes, rice, beefsteak, sausage, bacon, fried chicken. It's horrid really, but it tastes so good! No salad on the planet can measure up.

There's no question in my mind that you guys are going to outlive me.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Everything but Split-Pea Soup, **** on a Shingle and Anchovies. Otherwise, I see food, I eat food. I love food....:)

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good plan Blades. I couldn't be arsed being as anal and boring as this lot! Who cares if you eat wholemeal, self knitted museli? Life's far too short to bugger about!

8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I'd use that as a sig (love how you Brits turn a phrase), only I don't think it would sound as right coming from me. ;)

~

Breakfast: nothing
    Lunch: whatever
    Dinner: whatever

9. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nothing but yogurt and fruit until dinner time? I would not do well with that at all. There's so little substance to those foods, and to have them be my only source of energy all day wouldn't work for me.

As for me, I rarely eat breakfast except for my "coffee breakfast." I recently switched to decaf, and typically have 2 cups. I usually have a sandwich or something similar for lunch. Dinner could be just about anything. Turkey burger. Turkey Taco. Some sort of chicken or pasta dish. On the weekends I'm more likely to go out to a sitdown restaurant, but I try to order sensible dishes.

Since the last 6 months or so I'm focused on eating a lot healthier, as I learned that I have early warning signs for diabetes. The first 37 years of my life I never bothered to count calories on anything. At least I got to enjoy it while it lasted. I'll still splurge on special occassions... or when the mood hits me.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Coffee
    Breakfast: Orange juice and a muffin
    Coffee
    Coffee
    Coffee
    Lunch: Leftovers from the night before, yogurt, an apple and a diet coke
    Another diet coke (caffeine free)
    Dinner: Meat (I'm not picky), potato/rice/pasta, and some vegetable if the wife and kids are watching.
    Beer
    Beer
    Depending on the day I've had ... beer, whiskey, vodka, rum, tequilla, etc.....

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Don't you find it hard to drink coffee, diet coke and alcohol from your plate? It is much easier from a cup my good man... plus, you will spill. What a waste of good cofffee & whiskey...

12. rg58 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Breakfast : Biscuits & gravy -or- livermush & eggs -or- grits sausage & biscuits -or- brains & biscuits -or- some mix of the previous plus coffee & milk
    Lunch : usually a sandwich of some type, sun chips(love sunchips), sundrop, cheerwine or rc cola
    Dinner : some type of meat(chix 1 or 2 times a week, pork & beef rest), veggies of some type, biscuits & sweet tea

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    rg58 - I knew you lived in the South, but, man, that's really South. Where's your cholersterol??!!

:p

14. rg58 Gems: 5/31

Hah-hah, it ticks my doc off every time I get tested:D. Just had an appointment 2 weeks ago, my LDL was 73mg/dl & my HDL was 79mg/dl, and 105/70 blood pressure. He says there should be no way its thats good with what I eat. I'm 5' 11" tall(I swear I used to be 6'!) & I've been between 165-180 lbs since I was 19(currently 167). Never smoked & only drank a little in my teens.
    My grandfather still gets around ok & he will be 95 come dec. Dads 71 & still plays basketball with my grandkids(his great grandkids).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Good genes, man, good genes.

16. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    On the other end of that spectrum, I had breakfast at a local restaurant the other day that consisted of:

French Toast, made with egg-substitute and wheat bread, low-fat butter-alternative on the side, applied sparingly, and sugar-substitute syrup, also applied sparingly.

Scrambled egg-substitute with a dash of tobasco sauce.

A small portion of fresh hash-browns.

2 slices of turkey bacon.

Decaf coffee with skim-milk creamer.

And you know what, it was an awesome breakfast! I felt like I was being naughty, when I was really being pretty good. Once you get used to the healthier versions of what you like to eat, you really don't miss the higher calorie versions.

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Go for it Gaear :)

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Marceror,
    I pity you. You're happy with a meal of Ersatz? The horror. This meal would have left me feeling as if I was in a war or disaster torn country where conditions forced the vendor to replace real food with the various ... substitutes ... you ... enjoyed. Yuck! :eek: :eek: :eek: And decaf? Is coffee without caffeine still coffee? Or did they remove the essence of goodness alight? :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Marceror

Media:
    LOL Ragusa! As recently as a year ago I would have been right there with you.

As far as I'm concerned I had french toast, eggs, bacon and hash browns. And enjoyed it at a fraction of the calories, fat, etc that I otherwise would have consumed. So I see no need for pity here.

As for the coffee, the caffeine stopped having an effect on me years ago as far as I can tell. I really don't miss it. It's more about the steamy hot beverage in my hand than the caffeine at this point.

As I mentioned before, I've enjoyed 37 years of eating whatever the heck I wanted. Now is time for a new chapter....

20. rg58 Gems: 5/31

When they figure out how to make fake chitlins or pig brains I might change but until then, no way jose.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.