1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's the hardest fight you've had?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Frodo, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Frodo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The hardest fight i have had is The high captain that summons demons I am only up to chapter 3. The reason it was hard is because of the rakshasa, i couldnt hit it!

2. Must be that dragon.. I think it was called Kleth. Man I had to respawn alot for that one.

3. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Iam soon at Kleth, am lvl 10 ranger lvl 5 rouge, could I take him?....

My hardest fight was that lich in the tomb outside of luskan, yeknow theres a lot of zombies in the graveyard, the place where an arcane brother rests, was low lvl so I never managed to defeat him.

Had some trubble with that dwarf to, he ho comes when you are to get in to luskan.
    He got to friends to.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've had a bit of trouble in a few places through the game, but none that I couldn't overcome after a few tries.

The Yuan-Ti Waterdhavian creature was the first. I think it was because I was going it alone at the time. I think it would have been much easier if I had had Tomi with me.

Desther was next. Foolish Tomi and my Panther would go after the creatures of the pentagram first and let Desther out. He'd run over to me, cast some spell and one swing later I'm dead even though I was at full health. :mad:

The Slaad lair where Klauth is was a real pain too, but I think it was unnecessary. All the Slaads in there including the Greater Death Slaad Lord were almost too much for me to handle alone, and Tomi and my Panther were pretty useless, so I told them to hang back at the entrance.

Klauth was easy by comparison. I had some armor that protected me from fire, a ring that protected me from multiple elements. I gave him the dead dragon sphere. Then I noticed I wasn't strong enough (14 STR) to hit him with swords, so I switched to my bow (Taralash) and ice arrows, and with my 22 DEX he was down pretty quick.

The final battle was tough at first, mainly because I was blind and never saw that statue in front of the spike trap, and that damned thing killed me every time I crossed it. Finally I broke out my bow again and shot ice arrows at the lizard protecting her from frost, then killed her the same way. I then read here about the statue and went back and did it again using my swords this time :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 16, 2002).]

5. Laeryl Gems: 1/31

Desther was my hardest. I had no good damage reduction spells and he kept killing me in one hit. Never had any trouble with dragons as a maximised flame arrow does major damage to them.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I had a good bit of trouble with Desther as well, but nothing as difficult as Klauth or the final battle with Morag.

As far as the Klauth battle goes---I battled for many hours and was unable to defeat him, so, hanging my head in shame, I went back and killed one of the other dragons, stole her eggs and gave them to Klauth. It was truly an abysmal action. :shame:

The Morag battle was finally won by my mage casting Dominate Monster on one of the lizard men to help me take care of Morag. Daeran was taken out pretty quickly....so I was on my own for most of the battle---not a pretty sight.

I'm going through again...and this time no eggs for Klauth.

7. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I had the most trouble with some bloated spider in chapter 1.

8. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Desther was really hard mainly because I would try to clear all the creatures from the room before killing any ritual monsters but my henchman would always spoil that plan however I couldnt clear the room without him.

I met a Bodak which kept on killing me with its instant death ray thing eventually i killed it when my character finally managed to make 3 will saves in a row (Good reason for the Iron Will feat).

I struggled with any encounter with Fire Giants too. Eventually I got rid of Tomi and got Daelan despite my character being a fighter with about 28 strength and 200+ hitpoints but they were still hard.

Dragons seemed easy enough except the battle with the two corrupted ones.

The final battle was remarkably easy. Daelan died almost immediately but when only Morag was left I had no problem despite me blundering around not knowing how to harm her. I used one heal potion and my ring of Elemental Resistance seemed to stop almost all damage.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I'm only at the start of Chapter Three, so can't comment on the dragons and such, but there were quite a few enemies that took me a while to overcome.

The Yuan-Ti was the first. I ended up using the stone of recall to keep porting out because Sharwyn kept dying. My cleric couldn't do too much alone.

The next, and probably most ridiculous enemy was the lich Brother Toras in the Tomb in Chapter Two. I was only level 8 when I did that quest, and he killed me in two hits. Needless to say, that one took me a while to win.

Darktongue was the third. It took me six or seven tries to take him down. Thanks for the help on that one BTA :)

10. void Guest

I had alot of trouble with the bloated dire spiders in chapter 1 too, with my rouge that is. When I tackled them with my wizard, they were simple as anything :) . I didn't have any trouble with Desther with either character....

11. Turandil Gems: 7/31

I really had no trubble at all with that slaad group you mantioned blackthorne, but I never got that damn dragon Kleth down to more than injured. Where did you get that dragon sphere? I killed that blue one easy then I though Kleth would get the dead dragon essenve automaticly.....

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Spoiler Below!
    Once you kill the blue Dragon, there's an empty sphere in a container nearby. You need to put the sphere on the pedestal to have it absorb the Dragon's essence. I suppose you could do it while it was alive as well, but obviously it wouldn't have the same effect :)

There were several ritual books around the dungeon there for you to read that explained this...

Oh, by the way, no trouble with the Slaads? Was there a Greater Death Slaad Lord, a Death Slaad and a bunch of Gray Slaads for you? For me they were casting lightning spells all over the place and death spells too... The only way I was able to take them all on was to sneak past the Grey Slaads and take out the Greater Death Slaad Lord and the Death Slaad first. Otherwise, I was toast.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 17, 2002).]

13. Syrel Gems: 6/31

spoiler

-

-
    -
    -
    I did the sphere while he was alive :)
    the red dragon gives you 5000 gold and some xp for doing it :)
    ofcourse i also offed the green dragon and the gold dragon and sold the eggs to the red dragon too so i didn't even have to fight him with my wizard..
    i did fight him with my ranger and he was tough (my ranger was good so i could really go and kill the gold dragon for it's eggs).

that rakshasa was super hard for me to kill with my wizard i had to let my summoned monster kill it cause my wizard couldn't (although my ranger cut it down like grass lol)
    the Battle devourer was super hard for my Ranger but my wizard blow that guy apart with ease. so i guess it depends on your class what is hard or easy.

14. Turandil Gems: 7/31

Yup, the same way for me, though I had a Ranger10/Rouge5 with wünderbaren reflex saves so he avoided alot of lightnings, and Daelan chopped those suckers bad!

ok, thanx for the tip, i will return to that dragon and kick ass, a colosal, ancient red dragon, he most be among the powerfullest in the world, execept for Tarasque....
    I need him as my trophy...

15. Atreides Gems: 7/31

I haven't run in to any really tough battles, just annoying ones. The Intellect Devourer got on my last nerve, kept repossessing bodies and my cleric was having a hell of a time with it (then I learn that the battle can be made easier by talking to the guards before hand...)
    The other annoying battle is the spiders in one of those crypts (just annoying not hard.) It's just the poisoning that they do that gets on my nerves.

16. Doomi1983 Gems: 1/31

Hmm My Hardest Fights... One was versus the Flying Swords of Never (1 Chapter, Tombs Searching)
    and the fight in the Ruins oh Ilusk, My damn Weapon was Ineffective so i have to fight the Monsters Around and my Henchman must kill the Bad Monster.

17. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The hardest fight I had was Klauth. After that I'd say it was the 2 dragons. The hardest fight early on was the dire bloated something spider in chap 1. Everything else was pretty much cake for my fighter.Dragons would have been easier if I would have had a belt of greater swordsman(slashing 20/-). String them out and you can kill them all by yourself.

18. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Uhm, Syrel you are aware tht Gold Dragons are Lawful Good aren't you? My toughest fights had to be in the High Tower. The first one was where you create the Golem and he destroys the door. I was playing a druid and my Dire Wolf and Bobbyknocks wouldn't come though the door so I ended up having to unsummon him and then resummon my wolf in the room. The other was the Lich in the prison but that was because I didn't expect him and opened the door thinking it was another prisoner or zombie.

19. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm glad to see that I was not the only one that had trouble with the dire bloated spider in chapter 1.:spin:

20. Syrel Gems: 6/31

[​IMG]
    LOL ya it was type-o it should read that since my Ranger was good I couldn't just go and off the gold dragon :D
    my wizard however was Evil so i could kill it with no second thought :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.