1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Whatever happened to...Project Jefferson?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Dimensionally Transcendental One, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Dimensionally Transcendental One Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I notced that news on this promising looking game has dried up somewhat. Is it dead and buried, because no Jefferson forum highlights appear as news headline dooberies on the Sorcerers front page any more, and I can't seem to find any links to the website that had been set up.
    It seems a shame, because It looked really good, from I'd heard of it. Sigh.

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    That's one hell of a name. Can we call you DTO?

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah dude. Too many syllables. Ouch. :confused:

Last I heard, it was on hold because of liscensing reasons. Black Isle didn't secure the Baldur's Gate license in time (PS2 did for BG:Dark Alliance 2), as it was supposed to have become Baldur's Gate 3. Just what I heard here, though. I'm sure we'll hear about it here if there's any new developments. Gopher & co usually stay on top of such things.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] That is correct. Once it gets back into development (that is publicly spoken about) coverage will continue.

5. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Okay, I'm an idiot but what is this Project Jefferson? I've only heard the name once before..

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Read my post dude.

"Top Secret" project Black Isle Studios has apparantly been working on for a while. About a year I think. Another D&D game, rumored to be Baldur's Gate 3. The news staff here at SP has been posting forum highlights on the front page for at least the last 4 months or so.

Why Jefferson? Apparantly thay've also been working on Fallout 3, which up to now has been called "Van Buren." (these are past US presidents, by the way, in case "the room next to sanity" isn't near here :D )

7. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nah, the neighbors to Sanity is extremely loud. So every bit of good news seem to go through my nose.. :(

Anyway, is there no URLs or somesuch?

Edit: Stumbling around after info about Jefferson I found this:

I thought we already went over this in another thread? Oh well. Jefferson is on hold (that point was made a long time ago); we are working on Van Buren. Neither of these games were officially announced, nor do we intend to announce it until we believe it's ready to be announced (we want to build a hype machine only if we really have cool things to show and support that hype machine). That's about it. We're not actively trying to *beep* anyone off or hide behind a conspiracy. When we have something we're proud to show and hype (read - announce), we will. We are working and are putting together design docs, game mechanics stuff (technical term), etc. This is what we do at the beginning of a big project. Sorry we can't be more specific, but with the rules discussions that Josh and Briarus (sic) are throwing around, you can pretty much guess what we're working on - at least I hope you can. But we cannot officially announce anything at this moment. Besides, wouldn't you rather we announce the game when it is passed the pre- alpha stage and not get burned out on the hype if we announce
    the game a year or two in advance?

[ June 10, 2003, 02:01: Message edited by: Trillex Le'for ]

8. Dimensionally Transcendental One Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks. I hope it's not slow to appear again, because Neverwinter Nights and I just don't get on, and I have high hopes of P;J being more than another half hearted campaign and development kit. I also like the sound of every area having it's own artwork, because another of my gripes with NWN is that evrrywhere looks the same. It may be 3D, but boring old 2D Baldur's Gate had character.
    And feel free to call DTO. The names a very weak pun that should be got by Planescape Torment and Doctor Who fans.

9. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Heh, if they are indeed Baldur's Gate 3 and Fallout 3, I could care less which comes first! Betweens these two series I've probably wasted more time of my life than is healthy.

For BG3 though, I'm assuming that Bioware wouldn't be included? Don't know how good of a game it would be without them, but then again I hated NWN.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.