1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What would you like to see in your next module?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Xaelifer, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Alright - I'm posing a pretty important question. So far here are the things I'm considering top priority in a module I'm making, but it'd be cool to know some more things people would want to see...

• Original, exciting, intriguing plot
      Twists in the plot
      Immersing ambient characters
      Changes in locale
      Creative, unusual, adventurous locales
      Many well-stocked merchants
      Changing NPC opinions about PC
      Non-cliche neutral responses to NPC words
      Balance of fighting and ambient play
      Deep, interesting, occasionaly satirical or humorous dialogue
      Evil people whose asses severely need kicking after they are known by PC
      Every area is unique and every place has something special in it
      Lots of hidden things to find...
    What other ideas do you have? What are your favorite things to find in NWN mods? What type of module are you looking to play next (i.e., hack n slash, dialogue-bath, goof-off, etc.)?

Huge thanks!

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Basically my favourite thing is treasure :) Barrels and the like. But I must admit that if there are too many it sort of spoils the game. And I don't like when +1,+2 weapons etc are really rare to find. If they were available I'd expect them to have a horrendously high price but be accessible.

3. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You have listed exactly what I want in a module.
    Link me to some like that. :)

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Right now I'm interested in the more "exotic" locales. The planes and the like. Story is most important, but if there is no combat, it tends to get a little boring.

I don't care much for ridiculous amounts of treasure, more the amount that would be found in a typical PnP game.

5. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The first thing I look for in a mod is a story. Check that, a well thought through story with a point. No "Go kill Bad Guy" nonsense. I want to be able to immerse myself in the mod, be able to actually roleplay, not just spend hours on end chopping up baddies.

Next thing I look for is dialogue. NPCs should have something to say, for the most part at least. Any mod filled with generic folk all named "Commoner" just does not cut it.

Plot twists are nice, betrayals, things not quite as they appear etc.

6. bonusman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'll tell you what I look for in a module, besides all of the stated above characteristics... interesting gameplay options I haven't seen anywhere else.

I joined a module about a month ago because I read in the description that it had housing that you could buy for yourself... something I've always wanted in a mod. After playing on it for a little while I discovered that you could also own a farm. What a cool concept... there are different farms with different amounts of crops, that cost a different amount to buy. They produce crops which you can sell to local vendors.

Well the idea is so cool that I have been scripting for the owner of the mod (Persistence, btw) ever since. The plot in the mod isn't huge, but a big plot overhaul is on the way.

Anyways, the point is... unique gameplay options.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.