1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What would you like to ask the dev team?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Taluntain, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Let's hypothetically say that you had the opportunity to ask the IWD2 development team a couple of questions, interview like.
    What would you ask?

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] WHAT THE **** made you MUTILATE the archer that way !!! - they don't need a full plate ... :flaming::mad:

:1eye:sorry, upset:1eye:

3. Why are you still gophering with the infinity engine? Lots of little tricks just doesn't work! Use a better engine!

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Tal, I won't post my questions till I think of some provocative and yet not idiotic like I always ask those people there at BIS boards. ;)

In the meantime, I must disagree with Miniwoo. Infinity Engine does have it's issues, but all games that were made on it, ROCK!
    It is outdated, it is rough to look at, it may suck with too much time to load the game...
    But it still has "the soul". You know what I mean? ;)

5. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Yerril, some wild guesses for likely replies:
    • it's cheap since we can use an existing game engine and proven development tools
    • it's rewarding for we have a devoted and fanatic fan community (me included) that even will buy an old-fashioned infinity engine game and
    • it's easy money and we need the money since the delay of NWN made us somewhat ... short of funds :D

just a wide step in the dark though :heh:

EDIT: Extremist is right, the infinity games do indeed rock - not a single *bad* game in the whole serie :)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited March 05, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  6. bleh...I grudgingly agree

7. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sir Yerril: Cos 3d games are made to look fantastic and play badly. And after allt he build they nly look mildy good cos 3d tech is still not realistic and they lack detail. And the gameplay is even worse.

Ragusa: If you had bothered to read the news section you wuld have fund a million different ways of the person being interviewed explaining the so called 'mutilation' of the archer and coming up with some perfectly acceptable reasons!

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ragusa, just to point out, BIS have nothing to do with NWN, so the delay in release of NWN would have no effect whatsoever on BIS :p.

9. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] Black Isle, Bioware - all the same to me :1eye:

Sir Dargorn,
    the archer - the epitome of skill with the bow - is not what the IWD-2 kít offers. The IWD-2 archer is boring - not weak in terms of weapon proficiencies - *** is good enough since the weapon proficiency system differs significantly from BG-2. The IWD-2 archer is even ballanced - but hey - I don't want to need to roleplay it a real archer by self-restraint to leather armor. And why not a single racial enemy for the while game? And improving the attack by 1 every 4 or 5 levels wouldn't be unballancing either - I don't even want the archer to hit harder than the fighter, only slightly more often ... for the price of armor protection :rolleyes:
    One of the most obscure arguments of JE Sawyer was to restrict the archer "to maintain the role of the fighter" as the most powerful ... ahem ... fighter. Read the archer topic on BIS, actually the discussion brings out some good arguments against the archer as he is now: http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26148 - I know it'll be a pain in the ass (I read it myself ... :rolleyes::evil: ... quotomania is endemic there :evil: ... so just skip the pages 4 to 12 :evil: )

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited March 06, 2002).]

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A few questions...

Will there be dragons?
    Is the music as good as in Icewind Dale?
    Will there be an expansion pack?
    Will you make a free expansion pack like Trials of the Luremaster?

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited March 07, 2002).]

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

For your next project, would you consider developing a "Tool Set" similar to the one in NWN that would allow for individuals to create their own Adventures using the Infinity Engine?

12. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Will there be somr legendary items to use (like Charon's Claw, Pale Justice, etc.)? Items that have a history from other games or books?

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Will there be guilds or strongholds (guilds like in Daggerfall; strongholds ala BG2)?

If not, would you develop a safehouse where old clues and items you don't want to sell but don't want to carry can be placed?

If not, can I have a bottemless bag of holding?

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Will the cinematic scenes be more like the book reading in Icewind Dale 1 or more like the animated movies found in for example Diablo II?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Keep them coming. Keep in mind that this is IWD2 questions I'm after, not BIS future projects or whatnot.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited March 07, 2002).]

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'd ask ...

How much land could a Landsknecht knecht if a Landsknecht could knect land? ;) :lol:

Seriously ... why the very "original" kits? Why didn't they draw from more main-line fantasy with ideas such as "Warrior Princess" "Amazon" or "Life-Guard" (serious except the life-guard one ;) )

What about the setting & monsters. You've metioned that undead will not be a major factor (especially good since none of the cleric kits can turn undead and the undead hunter is gone). Will there be dungeon crawls or woodland exploring? What will be the main nemesis? Giants? Dragons? Lizard-men?
    [Sorry, had to fix the old woodchuck parody for ya :) - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited March 08, 2002).]

17. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Matheatis: Goblins. Hundreds of goblins :D. The Ten Towns are invaded by huge masses of goblins (and probably orcs as well), and that's why you start your adventures.

New question:
    Will we visit any of the areas from Icewind Dale 1?

18. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31

I think I read somewhere you'll be going back to Kuldahar and another secret area, but it's changed a bit over the years.

19. the_eleven Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I'm wondering if High-Level Class abilities will be implemented in IWD2, as were added in ToB. Maybe a modified version of the ToB ability pool. That would cool to see.

[This message has been edited by the_eleven (edited March 08, 2002).]

20. Oblate Gems: 6/31

What about making music (for elves, bards and dwarfs :D ), dancing, acrobatics or false playing (?, cheat (?)) at the inns, to earn money. As it was in DSA. I'm not kidding, that was fun.
    When you were drunk, you had to walk in sinuous lines :grin: .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.