1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What would you change?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shoshino, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    A little game if you will.

Lets say you were a scientist working on a project - FEV or 'Forced Evolution Virus' (yes, I know I stole that from fallout), this virus is programmable, but limited in how many genetic alterations it can make, up to 3 to be precise. It can only alter physical traits of the human body, the brain cannot be touched. You have a waiting room full of volunteers and a back log on a waiting list.

(for the sake of this game it is accepted that what ever changes you make will work, lets not have people posting in here with "that wont work because" comments.)

Who's game? What would you change? explanation?

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is the aim of the game to wipe out humanity? If so, I'd make everyone Welsh. Everyone would then be too busy shagging sheep to procreate with other humans and extinction would soon follow!

:)

3. Shoshino

Media:
    Atleast they'd be able to play rugby. :p

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hah, touché

5. Shoshino

Media:
  6. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

At first thought, everything would be cosmetic...get rid of male pattern-baldness, make people lean, make men have more testosterone later in life, do something to make men's and women's bodies more resistant to "gravity over time," get rid of hair on the back (seriously, WTF?), etc. People would pay a lot of money to get these things done.

Second thought, against real human frailties (not that vanity is NOT a fraility) I'd "fix" the spine. While a tremendous thing, it appears to be just a smidge too weak for completely upright primates (back problems run in my family & I'm struggling with multiple blown discs myself). Then I'd try to do the same to the knee (I recently had a doctor tell me, re: my own wrecked knees, that they aren't fully adapted to fully mobile and upright primate life, especially when it comes to side-to-side movement, which is apparently why everyone's knees are at least half-way trashed by the time they are 55). Third...I don't know...I'd try to find a way to make people smarter or something...

I'm probably thinking too small...

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1. Make women want beer.
    2. Make the body only need the "beer group" for nutrition.
    3. Eliminate beer farts.

8. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

1. Make the human body able to process a much wider range of food/drink of varying quality, e.g. eating bark and drinking seawater.

2. Alter the rate at which body and (therefore) mind atrophy, that is, you'd still die at the same ripe old age, you just wouldn't know it was coming until you were only a few years out, up until which time you'd still retain your wits, independence and dignity (people would live out their last days in retirement homes, not their last decades).

3. Torn between regeneration and wings.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gaining/losing weight at the right places.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd be boring and stabilise the genes responsible for collagen so that mutation and deformation wouldn't be possible any more :p

There are five recognised at the moment I think, so it's a bit cheaty but only one thing, honest! :D

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    1) Make the eyes more resistant to degenerative problems.
    2) Make the spine more resistant to injuries and diseases that cause lameness and problems.
    3) Make the body regenerate itself faster and better. This one might cover the first two.

If #3 covers the first two then I would make men a bit longer lasting in a certain area. :D

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'd boost the living **** out of the body's regenerative capabilities. I'd also re-eingineer the body's capacity to consciously take over many more body functions. That would enable people to set their body to burning fat in particular areas.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.